Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Countdown 2018 - Day 24

Happy Christmas Eve!  I took my sweet grandson home late this afternoon, and had planned to make this beautiful ornament to post with instructions as soon as I returned home . . . but alas, my Starlight Thinlits Dies are nowhere to be found!!! 

So I'm sharing with you the photos that I found online.  (I've added a link to the site below the photo, but please note that it's in German, so you'll need to hit the "translate" button to see the very cryptic instructions.)

Janina's Paper Potpourri

Note that Janina's instructions refer to the die set as "Thinlits Forms Star Magic," but in our 2018-2019 Annual Catalog, it's called Starlight Thinlits Dies.

The photo below illustrates what the ornament looks like from the side.


Finally, I found a YouTube video by JanB showing how to score and fold the star to make the 3D layer shown above.  Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VZuNCnCTlk to view this video.  (NOTE:  This video shows how to make a greeting card; if you want to see just the instructions for the 3D star, skip to about 15 minutes into the video.)

I can't wait to find my die set so I can make this beautiful star!

Cathy  ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment