Thursday, December 19, 2019

Day 19 - 2019 Countdown to Christmas

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


Look what my friend Carol Brooks made for me from items she found in the local dollar store!  Isn't this just the cutest winter decoration!?

Click on photo for closer look.

Materials Used
* Pizza pan for base
* Fat quarter plaid fabric
* Thick rope
* Wired ribbon
* "Let it Snow" metal embellishment
* Lots of glue!*

Carol is one of the craftiest people I know, and she's also an avid crocheter like me.  I love our Tuesday morning coffee sessions -- we get to share so many ideas!  I always try to remember to take my little red notebook so I can write down all of the great crafty things we talk about.

Thanks, Carol, for this great gift!

Cathy  ;D

* NOTE:  I discovered that sub-freezing temps and hot glue don't necessarily get along so well.  I hung this sweet decoration on my front door, and when I opened the door the next morning, the hot glue holding the jute hanging loop on the back had failed and the decoration had fallen.  Carol had covered the hanger with a piece of felt and that was still there, so I hot-glued the hanger to the outside of the felt and added packaging tape to hold it.  Unfortunately, the next day, the hot glue had given way again, and the felt and loop had slipped out from under the packaging tape.  Fortunately, this guy is a survivor -- he was still intact except for the hanger, but the bottom of the pizza pan is now a little bent and bruised.

This morning I tried Gorilla Glue (Clear Grip Gel), and once it's cured for 24 hours, I'm planning to hang my Let it Snow decoration inside the house -- don't want to take any more chances on ruining him for good!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment