Sunday, March 28, 2010
Spring Swap Card
This is one of the cards I made for the March 23 Front Range Stampers card swap (based on a design by Kristy Hiscock). Unfortunately, the meeting was canceled due to weather, but we'll be meeting on the 30th. (Good thing, since I made a BUNCH of cards for the swap . . . .)
For All You Do (115360; set of 10; $28.95)
Certainly Celery (scraps for punch & dies), Lovely Lilac (8 1/2" X 5 1/2"), Orchid Opulence (2 1/8" x 5 1/4"), Whisper White (1 7/8" x 5"; 5" x 3 3/4" optional piece for inside)
Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, Orchid Opulence & Pretty in Pink Classic Stampin’ Pads
Going Gray Stampin’ Write Marker
Big Shot Die Cut Machine
Beautiful Wings Embosslit (2010 Occasions Mini)
Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Folder
Perfect Polks Dots Textured Impressions Folder (2010 Occasions Mini)
Ornament Punch (carried over from Holiday ’09 Mini)
Crystal Effects, Mini Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive
1. Score Lovely Lilac at 4 1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Use Big Shot and Elegant Bouquet Textured Impressions Folder to emboss front of card.
3. Position Ornament Punch so the pointed edge hangs over edge of Certainly Celery card stock about 1/4" to create vase. Emboss vase with Big Shot and Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder. Cut butterflies from Certainly Celery card stock with Big Shot and Beautiful Wings embosslit.
4. Use Stampin' Sponge and Lovely Lilac Ink to lightly sponge ink over embossed portions of card, vase and butterflies.
5. Randomly stamp four flowers on upper portion of 1 7/8" x 5" Whisper White card stock -- one each in Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Orchid Opulence & Pretty in Pink. Stamp four flowers in any color on a post-it-note; cut out flowers and position over the flowers stamped on the Whisper White card stock.
6. Use Certainly Celery to stamp stems leading from center of paper out to flowers. Remove post-it-notes.*
7. Lightly distress edges of Orchid Opulence and Whisper White card stock with Lovely Lilac Stampin' Pad.
8. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere Orchid Opulence to front of card near right edge; adhere Whisper White over Orchid Opulence. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere vase over stems; use Crystal Effects or Mini Glue Dots to adhere butterflies on front of card. Use Going Gray Stampin' Write Marker to draw antennae for each butterfly.
9. Optional: Stamp flowers and stems and distress edges of 5" x 3 3/4" Whisper White card stock, and adhere to inside of card.
* The technique used in Steps 5 and 6 is called "masking."
I hope you enjoy making this card!