Tuesday, August 25, 2020

OOPS! on my blog . . . .

Hi, folks! Stampin' Up! recently made some changes to its online ordering process which affected all of the demonstrators' online stores. 

How did this affect my blog? 

Well, heck, you know all those images and links to products that I've been adding following the instructions for my projects? Now they don't work!!! Well, I should rephrase that a little: the pictures are no longer showing up; instead, there are a bunch of annoying little blank boxes! Sigh . . . .

The links listed for the products still work to a very limited extent -- they will take you to my demo website, but they will no longer take you to the specific products.  Double sigh . . . .

Since I've been adding these icons for some time, it would take a huge amount of time to go back and change or remove all of them.  Not only that, but Blogger also has recently made changes, so I can no longer correct a page without republishing it.  What this means is that if you follow my blog and I start "fixing" all of my pages to remove the blocks, you would start getting a ton of messages with "new" posts -- which in fact would be the OLD posts being re-published!

So here's what I'm going to do:  NOTHING!!!!

On my past posts where I've included the product links, we're going to just have to put up with the annoying little boxes.  Going forward I will not be adding any links to products, but will instead list all the product information without all the fancy photos.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cathy  :(


No comments:

Post a Comment