Sunday, June 27, 2010
It's been a long time since I've posted -- I've missed you and I know some of you have missed getting instructions for new projects . . . . I've finally reached a point in my new job where I'm not coming home and nodding off every evening. And I have a free day today -- so let's see if I can catch up on some projects.
The first thing I want to share with you are the instructions from my last workshop (June 12). You already have the instructions for the masculine card (the one with the smooch spritz and the stars) since I had made it for one of my swaps and shared it with you, so let's move on to the Sunshine card. This was inspired by a design by Mandy Starner shown in the January 2010 issue of "Cards" magazine. Mandy's card was square and didn't use Stampin' Up! materials, but had more or less the same look at this -- it just made me happy!
* Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes; Itty Bitty Bits@
* Paper: Soft Suede (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"), Crushed Curry# (about 4-1/4" x 4-1/4"; scrap for punch), Old Olive (1-1/4" x 8 1/2"), Whisper White (7/8" x 8 1/2"; scrap for punch) card stock; Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper ("DSP") (about 4-1/2" x 4-1/2"; scrap for punch)
* Ink: Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad; Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker
* Accessories: Butterfly, Scallop Trim Border, Modern Label, Word Window and Itty Bitty Shapes@ punches; Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Clear Circle and Scallop Circle Dies; Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon; Aqua Painter (filled with bleach); uni-ball Signo Gel Pen; Bees & Blossoms Builder Wheel, Jumbo Wheel Handle and Builder Wheel Spindle & Spacers; Linen Thread; Bone Folder; Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool; Old Olive Brads; Mini Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive, and Stampin' Dimensionals
# Crushed Curry paper will be retired as of end of business on June 30; see below for alternate colors.
@ Summer 2010 Mini Catalog
1. Score Soft Suede card stock at 4-1/4" and fold in half to create card. Use Aqua Painter filled with bleach to draw wavy line around edge of front of card -- set aside to dry. As bleach dries, it will pull the color out of the card stock, creating a yellow wavy line. When bleach is completely dry, use the Gel Pen to trace another wavy line over the bleach line.
2. Use Big Shot to cut a Scallop Circle shape from the DSP and a Clear Circle shape from the Crushed Curry card stock. Layer the Crushed Curry Circle over the DSP Scallop Circle and adhere with SNAIL Adhesive. Cut the two layers in half to create the sun; use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere the half-circle to the front of the card at a slight angle. Use the Soft Suede marker to draw two wavy lines close to the round edge of the Crushed Curry circle.
3. Use Scallop Edge Trim punch along one long edge of Old Olive card stock; use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere to front of card at an angle covering bottom edge of half-circle; adhere the Whisper White cardstock over the Old Olive. Use scissors or paper cutter to trim extra card stock from edges of card.
4. Use the Bees & Blossoms Builder Wheel and Soft Suede ink to roll a row of flowers across the ribbon. Adhere ribbon to front of card over Whisper White card stock. Trim edges with Craft & Paper Scissors (in my house they're called Ribbon Scissors because they're used ONLY for ribbon).
5. Punch a Butterfly from a scrap of DSP; use Bone Folder to slightly curl wings (use it the same way you would use scissors to curl ribbon). Cut a piece of Linen Thread, fold in half and tie in a knot to create the body and antennae for the Butterfly; adhere to back of Butterfly with a Mini Glue Dot. Use a second Mini Glue Dot to adhere the assembled Butterfly to front of card over ribbon.
6. Use the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and miscellanous colors of card stock and DSP to make a bunch of little flowers; adhere to the front of the card as shown with Mini Glue Dots. (Optional: Stamp Itty Bitty Bits images with Soft Suede ink before punching the shapes.)
7. Adhere Itty Bitty Buttons over some of the Itty Bitty Shapes with Mini Glue Dots. (Optional: Thread Linen Thread through the buttons and tie in knots before adhering to card.)
8. Punch Modern Label shape from Crushed Curry card stock; use Soft Suede marker to draw a double line close to edge of shape. Stamp greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes on scrap of Whisper White card stock; punch with Word Window and adhere to Modern Label shape. Use Mat Pack and Paper Piercing tool to punch two holes (one on each side of greeting), insert Brads and adhere to lower right front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
9. Optional: Cut additional piece of Whisper White cardstock (mine is 4" x 5-1/4") and adhere to inside of card for greeting. Use Mini Glue Dots to adhere several Itty Bitty Shapes; use Gel Pen to draw centers in shapes.
Here's a picture of the card I made for a Shoe Box Swap the weekend following my workshops (more about that later). For this card I substituted Marina Mist for Soft Suede; Delightful Daffodil for Crushed Curry; and Greenhouse Gala DSP for Razzleberry Lemonade (all available in the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog being released July 1.) I also used the Posy Party Builder Wheel on Whisper White Satin Ribbon instead of Bees & Blossoms on Pink.
Hope you enjoy this one.