Sunday, June 27, 2010
This is the third card we made at the June 12 workshops. Fun stuff using those stencils and sponges! It's based on a card made by my friend Ann Lohmeyer (also a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator).
* Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes; En Francais
* Card Stock: Soft Suede (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; scraps for punches); Very Vanilla (5-1/4" x 4"; scraps for punches)
* Ink: Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad
* Accessories: Mostly Vintage Stencils@; Stampin' Sponges; Cogs@, 1-1/4" Circle, 3/4" Circle, Modern Label and Word Window Punches; Very Vanilla 5/8" Satin Ribbon@; SNAIL Adhesive; Stampin' Dimensionals; Two-Way Glue Pen
@ 2010 Summer Mini Catalog
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" cardstock at 4-1/4" and fold in half to create card.
2. Using En Francais stamp and Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad, stamp once on scrap paper, and then WITHOUT REINKING, stamp second image on Very Vanilla card stock.
3. Place large stencil in upper left corner of Very Vanilla card stock and sponge Soft Suede ink over open spaces (note: this is a fairly fragile stencil, so be sure to use an up and down motion to daub the ink over the stencil -- don't rub). Place the smaller stencil in the lower right-hand corner and repeat (note, this will be a negative image with the ink smudged around it); repeat once more with the smaller stencil in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Use the Stampin' Sponge to smudge ink around edges of Very Vanilla card stock. Wrap a piece of ribbon around from front to back and adhere on back of card stock on each side; adhere card stock to front of card with SNAIL Adhesive.
5. Punch 3 sets of Cogs from Soft Suede card stock; punch one 1-1/4" and 3 3/4" circles from Very Vanilla card stock. Sponge Soft Suede ink around edges of all punched pieces. Use Two-Way Glue Pen to adhere one large cog to 1-1/4" circle; use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere circle to front of card over ribbon; use Two-Way Glue Pens to adhere second and third cogs directly to front of card as shown. Use Two-Way Glue Pen to adhere the 3 small cogs to the 3/4" circles; use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere one to center of large cog mounted on 1-1/4" circle; use Mini Glue Dots or SNAIL Adhesive to adhere two remaining 3/4" circles to centers of remaining 2 cogs.
6. Punch Modern Label from Soft Suede card stock. Stamp greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes on scrap of Very Vanilla card stock; punch out with Word Window, and adhere with SNAIL Adhesive to Modern Label. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere Modern Label to front of card over ribbon and cogs.
7. Optional: Cut a second piece of 5-1/4" x 4" Very Vanilla card stock. Sponge and/or embellish as desired and use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere to inside of card.
* To use Stampin' Sponges without getting ink all over your fingers, cut sponges in fourths, then make handles with the Round Tab Punch -- fold and staple the shape over the cut corner edge of the sponge. They look like this:
Hope you have fun with this card!