This is the swap card I made for my October 20 Front Range Stampers meeting.
|Click on image for a closer look.|
* Ornamental Pine (2014 Holiday Catalog)
* Gorgeous Grunge
* Bermuda Bay card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2")
* Island Indigo card stock (5" x 3-3/4"; 3-1/2" x 3/4")
* Whisper White card stock (4-3/4" x 3-1/2"; scrap for die)
* Soft Suede card stock (scrap for pine cone)
* Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin' Pad
* Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad
* Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad
* Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin' Pad
* Soft Sky Classic Stampin' Pad
* Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
* Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker
* White Stampin' Chalk Marker
Accessories and Tools:
* Stampin' Sponges
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Gift Card Envelope and Trims Thinlits Die
* Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive; Stampin' Dimensionals
(Unless otherwise noted, SNAIL Adhesive was used to assemble this card.)
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Bermuda Bay card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Adhere 5" x 3-3/4" Island Indigo card stock to front of card.
3. On Whisper White 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" cardstock, sponge Soft Sky ink in upper right corner of page, covering a little more than 1/4 of the card stock. Next, sponge Bermuda Bay ink over the Soft Sky ink, leaving some of the Soft Sky ink showing to soften the edges. Finally, sponge Island Indigo ink over the Bermuda Bay ink, leaving some of the Bermuda Bay and Soft Sky ink showing and concentrating most of the darker color in the far upper-right corner of the card stock.
4. Use Mossy Meadow ink and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker to stamp pine sprig in upper right corner over sponged colors. (Ink up pine needle portion of image with Mossy Meadow and then color in the stem with the brush end of the marker.)
5. Use Whisper White Craft Ink to stamp Gorgeous Grunge "light spatter" image over pine sprig to create the illusion of falling snow.
6. Use Chocolate Chip ink to stamp pine cone image on Soft Suede card stock. Add white highlights to pine cone with White Stampin' Chalk Marker. Cut out image with scissors, and adhere over the pine sprig with Stampin' Dimensionals.
7. Stamp "Christmas Wishes" on Whisper White card stock; use Big Shot and banner thinlits die to cut out image. Adhere to Island Indigo 3-1/2" x 3/4" card stock, and attach to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Don't forget the inside of your card!
|Click on image for closer look.|
Hope you enjoy making this card as much as I did!