|Click on image for closer look.|
To see the original design by Lisa Young, visit her blog at http://addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/2013/12/stamp-review-crew-festive-flurry-edition.html. While you're there, be sure to check out Lisa's other delightful creations!!!
* Festive Flurry (available only through August 27, 2014)
* Wisteria Wonder card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; 5-1/8" x 3-7/8")
* Whisper White card stock (5-3/8" x 4-1/8"; 5" x 3-3/4"; about 1/4 page for snowflakes)
* Very Vanilla card stock (small amount for face)
* Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad
* Pink Pirouette Classic Stampin' Pad
* Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Festive Flurries Framelits Dies (available only through August 27, 2014)
* Northern Flurry Embossing Folder
* Basic Jewels: Rhinestones
* Silver 1/8" Ribbon
* 3/4" Circle Punch
* Stampin' Sponge
* Sponge Dauber
* Adhesives: Glue Dot; SNAIL Adhesive
(NOTE: Unless otherwise indicated, SNAIL Adhesive was used to assemble this card.)
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Wisteria Wonder card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Adhere 5-3/8" x 4-1/4" Whisper White card stock to card front.
3. Adhere 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" Wisteria Wonder card stock to card front over Whisper White.
4. Use Big Shot and embossing folder to add snowflake embossing to 5" x 3-3/4" Whisper White card stock; adhere to card front over Wisteria Wonder card stock.
5. Use Wisteria Wonder ink to stamp two small snowflake images; one of the next size snowflake; and one of the next size (we won't use the largest snowflake in this set). Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Wisteria Wonder ink around edges of all snowflakes.
6. Punch one 3/4" Circle from Very Vanilla card stock. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Wisteria Wonder ink lightly around outside edge; use Sponge Dauber to apply two small circles of Pink Pirouette ink for cheeks. Draw two eyes with the Black marker, and adhere to center of one of the small snowflakes.
7. Building fairy from the bottom up, starting with the largest of the three remaining snowflakes. Fold snowflake in half. Fold medium-sized snowflake in half over the first snowflake . . . move snowflake up about 1/2" and adhere the back of the snowflakes together. Fold smallest of the three snowflakes over medium snowflake . . . move snowflake up about 1/2" and adhere backs together. This creates the body of the fairy. Adhere the body to the bottom portion of the small snowflake, just under the face.
8. Now go crazy with Rhinestones! Place them wherever you like on and around the fairy.
9. Finally, make a small bow with the silver ribbon and adhere at the top of the fairy body with a Glue Dot.
Is this just fun or what?! My sister said she couldn't help but smile when she saw this card! Hope you enjoy it too!
|Festive Flurry (4 stamps)|
Wood 131778 $39.95; Clear 131781 $29.95
AVAILABLE ONLY THRU 8/27/2014
|Festive Flurry Framelits Dies|
AVAILABLE ONLY THRU 8/27/2014
|Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder|