Over the next few days I'll be posting photos of each of the four make and take projects that were available for everyone to make, along with instructions.
The first is this sweet little gift bag -- the bag itself is made with one sheet of paper from the 4-1/2" x 6-1/2" All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack. The rose is made from the Pansy Punch. Below are the materials list and instructions.
|Click on image for a closer look.|
* Papillon Potpourri
* Strawberry Slush card stock
* All Abloom Designer Series Paper Stack
* Vellum card stock
* Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories and Tools:
* Pansy Punch
* Small Butterfly Punch
* 1/8" Handheld Punch
* Strawberry Slush Thick Baker's Twine
* Clear Embossing Powder and Heat Tool
* Sticky Strip
* Hot Glue Gun
2. Cut along solid lines on diagram and discard the areas shown.
3. Fold back and forth along vertical lines accordian style to create the side gussets. Apply Sticky Strip on wrong side of paper (inside of bag) along 4-1/2" edge of narrow flap (the one to the left in this diagram). Adhere over opposite flap.
4. Apply Sticky Strip to wrong side of 1/2" bottom flap; fold back and adhere over seamed side of bag to secure.
5. Use 1/8" Punch to make small circles in bag (punch through both thicknesses). Thread Thick Baker's Twine through holes and tie in a bow in the front.
Pansy Punch Rose:
Supplies for the rose are 5 Pansies punched from any color of card stock (for the sample, I used Strawberry Slush), some kind of tool to wrap petals around (in the instructions, they used the handle of a paint brush), and a hot glue gun.
Click here for instructions to make the Pansy Punch Rose (thanks to a post by "Call Me Crafty" on Facebook).
After I made the rose, I attached it to the front of the bag with hot glue.
I used Mellow Moss ink to stamp the small butterfly from Papillon Potpourri on a small piece of Vellum card stock. Since the regular Classic Stampin' Ink stays fairly moist for a while on the Vellum, I was able to add clear embossing powder and emboss it. Then I punched it out with the Small Butterfly Punch and adhered it to the rose with a little dab of hot glue in the center.
Hope you enjoy this bag! Watch for another version of the same bag in the near future . . . I'm making a slightly wider one to accommodate some 2" tags (or a gift card) for an upcoming class.
|Papillion Potpourri Stamp Set (7 stamps)|
Wood 132058 $18.95
Clear 123759 $14.95
|Small Butterfly Punch|
|1/8" Handheld Circle Punch|
1/16" Handheld Circle Punch 134363 $8.95
1/4" Handheld Circle Punch 134364 $8.95