|Click on images for closer view|
* Delightful Dozen
* Hello Doily
* Whisper White card stock (8-1/2” x 5-1/2”; 1-1/2” x 1-1/2” (3 pieces))
* Daffodil Delight card stock (5-1/8” x 3-7/8”)
* Polka Dot Parade DSP (approx. 1-1/2” x 1-1/2” of three contrasting colors)
* Marina Mist card stock (5” x 3”, scored at 1”, 2-1/2”, and 3-1/2”)
* Jet Black StazOn Pad
* Marina Mist Classic Stampin’ Pad
* Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker
Accessories and Tools:
* Whisper White ¼” Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Blossom Party Originals Die
* Sweet Buttons Embosslits Die
* Large Oval Punch
* Adhesives: Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Multi-purpose Liquid Glue OR Sticky Strip
* One facial tissue, cut in fourths
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Whisper White card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Stamp "get well soon" with StazOn ink near bottom right corner of Daffodil Delight card stock. Tie knot in ribbon and wrap around card stock just above sentiment; secure ribbon on back of card stock with Glue Dots at each end.
3. Flower Squares (make 3): Use Stampin' Write Marker to draw dashed lines near edges of Whisper White 1-1/2" squares to resemble stitching. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere to Daffodil Delight card stock above ribbon. Cut flowers from three different contrasting colors of DSP with Big Shot and Blossom Party die; fold petals slightly forward and adhere to centers of 1-1/2" squares with Glue Dots. Cut buttons from Daffodil Delight card stock with Big Shot and Embosslits die; adhere to centers of flower with Stampin' Dimensionals.
4. Adhere Daffodil Delight card stock to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Now . . . here comes the FUN part!
5. Score 5" x 3" Marina Mist card stock at 1", 2-1/2", and 3-1/2". Fold away score lines to resemble box. Fold 1" flap up behind 1-1/2" section and punch an oval near center of 1-1/2" section. Flatten piece back out and stamp Hello Doily image with Marina Mist ink.
6. Apply Liquid Glue or Sticky Strip to stamped side of 1-1/2" end flap. Adhere to bottom of card with the edge of the card stock right up against the fold line of the card (note: at this point, the card stock will be hanging kind of upside down on the inside of the card). Fold up at center scoreline, and apply Liquid Glue or Sticky Strip to 1" flap near fold line and on edges (this is the flap with the partial oval cut out). Now carefully close the card to adhere the flap to the inside of the front of card. When you open the card back up, a tissue box will magically appear! Now take 1/4 of a facial tissue and put a Stampin' Dimensional in the center; stuff the center of the tissue through the hole on the top of the box and adhere to the bottom of the box. Visit Brandy Cox's blog (see link above) to see a video showing how this is done.
Now I find myself hoping my friends will catch colds just so I can send them this sweet little card! Enjoy!