This card uses the stamp set Dapper Dad and a bottle cap, both featured in the Stampin' Up! Spring catalog. This card was inspired by a design by Lisa Curcio (see smaller photo to the right); you can see this and more of Lisa's designs at http://lisacurcio.blogspot.com/2013/04/watch-out-if-youre-avid-stamper-or.html.
* Dapper Dad (Spring Catalog -- available through May 31)
* Friendly Phrases (Big Catalog -- available through June 4)
* Crumb Cake card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; 2-3/4" x 2-1/4")
* Island Indigo card stock (3" x 2-1/2")
* Very Vanilla card stock (2-1/2" x 2")
* Fan Fair Designer Series Paper (DSP) (5-1/4" x 2")
* Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories and Tools:
* Stampin' Sponge
* Soda Pop Top - large size (Spring Catalog -- available until May 31)
* Big Shot with base and acrylic pads
* 1" Circle Punch
* Crystal Effects
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin' Dimensionals
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock at 4-1/4" and fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Apply ink to edges of DSP with Stampin' Sponge; adhere to front of card about 1/8" from left edge.
3. Adhere Island Indigo card stock to front of card over DSP; adhere Crumb Cake card stock over Island Indigo. Stamp watch image on Very Vanilla card stock; punch out center of watch with 1" circle punch and set aside. Adhere remaining piece of card stock with watch band image to Crumb Cake card stock.
4. Use Big Shot and acrylic pads to "squish" Soda Pop Top. (NOTE: Open out both tabs on your Big Shot base so you don't flatten the bottle cap too much.) Use a Stampin' Dimensional to adhere back of Pop Top to front of card over watch.
5. Use a small amount of Crystal Effects to adhere watch face to center of Pop Top; hold in place until it's stable. Add more Crystal Effects to cover entire watch face. Set aside to try for 30 minutes or longer.
6. Stamp sentiment in lower right corner of card.
I totally love this card! Couldn't think of a thing to do with those Soda Pop Tops until I saw it and then I was totally taken by them! Hope you enjoy it too!