|Click on image for a larger view.|
This is a beautiful spring card made by my friend Carolyn Mahoney (she said she got the idea from another demonstrator -- gotta love that we can share our designs with each other). This card uses one of the fun stamps from the current Sale-a-Bration promotion which ends March 22.
* Bloomin' Marvelous (Sale-a-Bration)
* En Francais Background Stamp
* Wisteria Wonder card stock (5-1/2" x 4-1/4"; scraps for butterfly punch and scallop edge)
* Very Vanilla card stock (8" x 5-1/4"; about 6" x 2" for scallop squares)
* Old Olive card stock (about 6" x 2" for 1-3/8" squares)
* Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad
* Perfect Plum Classic Stampin' Pad
* Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad
* Wisteria Wonder Stampin' Write Marker
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Adorning Accents Edgelits Die
* Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder (Spring Catalog)
* Scallop Square Punch
* 1-3/8" Square Punch
* Bitty Butterfly Punch (Spring Catalog)
* Rhinestone Basic Jewels
* Dazzling Details
* 2-Way Glue Pen
* Glue Dot
* SNAIL Adhesive
(SNAIL Adhesive used throughout unless otherwise indicated)
1. Score 8" x 5-1/4" Very Vanilla cardstock at 4"; fold away from scoreline. Use Big Shot and Adorning Accents Edgelits Die to trim about 1/2" from front edge; use Embossing Folder to add cross stitching as shown. Cut a strip of Wisteria Wonder card stock and trim edge with Adorning Accents Edgelits Die; align behind scallops on front of card and adhere with 2-Way Glue Pen; trim top and bottom edges. Adhere Very Vanilla card to Wisteria Wonder 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card stock.
2. Punch 3 1-3/8" Squares from Old Olive card stock.
3. Use Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad to stamp En Francais image on Very Vanilla card stock; punch 3 Scallop Squares from stamped card stock. Adhere Scallop Squares to Old Olive Squares. Use Perfect Plum Classic Stampin' Pad to stamp flowers on three Scallop Squares; stamp one flower and sentiment on front of card. Use Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad to stamp leaves near flowers on squares and on front of card. Adhere squares to front of card as shown.
4. Punch Bitty Butterfly from Wisteria Wonder card stock. Adhere to front of card with one Glue Dot between wings. Attach medium Rhinestones to centers of flowers; attach three small Rhinestones to center of butterfly. Use Wisteria Wonder Stampin' Write Marker to draw butterfly antennae.
5. Optional: Draw line of Dazzling Details around edge of butterfly wings; use a scrap of paper to scrape glitter toward center of butterfly.