Sunday, January 8, 2012

Leadership Calendar Card


Have I told you how excited I am to be able to attend the Stampin' Up! Leadership Conference this year?! I'll be heading to San Antonio, TX, on January 18 -- along with a ton of other SU! supervisors, managers, and executives -- to gather a wealth of information and ideas! I'll be sharing what I learn in my workshops and classes the rest of the year.

This calendar card will be my swap for that event (click on the image above for a closer view). This was my second effort at a swap design. My first attempt was met with something less than enthusiasm when I showed it to my sweet chubby hubby (my best critic), so I went back to the drawing board and came up with this quick, simple, yet beautiful design. Plus . . . this will be a great way to reduce my inventory of 2012 calendar pads. (By the way -- I still have them for sale if you're interested . . . see the column to the right for pricing.)

Materials:

Stamp Set:
* Peace Within

Paper:
* Poppy Parade card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; 2-5/8" x 1-5/16")
* Whisper White card stock (5" x 3-3/4")
* Pocketful of Posies Designer Series Paper ("DSP") (4-3/4" x 3-1/2")

Ink:
* Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad

Accessories:
* Heat Tool
* White Embossing Powder
* Dazzling Details***
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin' Dimensionals

Miscellaneous:
* Medium size calendar pad (2-3/8" x 1-3/16")

*** Dazzling Details was featured in the 2011 Holiday Mini Catalog and is still available as a carryover write-in item (124117 $2.50).

Instructions:

1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.

2. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere Whisper White card stock to card front; adhere DSP over Whisper White.

3. Stamp sentiment on DSP as shown with Whisper White Craft ink; emboss with White embossing powder.

4. For the Poppy Parade version (shown on the left above), use a speck of Dazzling Details to add tiny glitter highlights to DSP. For the Marina Mist version (shown on the right above), outline the flower shapes with a thin line of Dazzling Details. Set aside to dry.

5. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere calendar pad to 2-5/8" x 1-5/16" card stock. Adhere card stock to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Easy peasy! And the recipient can use the calendar all year long as a remembrance that you're thinking of him or her.

By the way, this also would be nice as an easel card so it will stand up on its own.
* Click here for basic easel card instructions (4-1/4" square card)
* Click here for variations on the original design, including measurements for a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card
* Click here for 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" twisted easel card instructions

Hope you enjoy this project!

Cath ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment