Sunday, February 6, 2011
Valentine Gift Pouch
AAAARRRRGH!!!! Every time I think I'm going to have time to post, something comes up -- last weekend I was so excited about having time to get caught up . . . but then my husband made a wonderful offer -- since it was the first Sunday without football in like FOUR MONTHS he offered to take me to the movies! Can't pass that up. We saw True Grit -- really enjoyed it.
But this Sunday I'm here -- at least until Super Bowl time later today. Let's see how much progress I can make.
First project -- here's a sweet little gift pouch just large enough for a chocolate bar and a marshmallow heart!
* Valentine Defined (2011 Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Rich Razzleberry
* Patterns Designer Series Paper (DSP) Pack (Brights -- Rich Razzleberry)
* Whisper White card stock
* Scraps of card stock in coordinating colors
Stampin' Up! Accessories:
* Crumb Cake Medium Envelope
* Victoria 5/8" Lace (15"-20")
* Linen Thread
* Wide Oval Punch
* Scallop Punch
* Scallop Edge Border Punch
* Small Heart Punch
* Mini Glue Dots
* Stampin' Dimensionals
* Sticky Strip
* Paper Shreds (I found mine at the Dollar Tree)
* Candy Bar or other valentine treats
* Large needle
1. Seal envelope; trim one short edge with the Scallop Trim Border Punch to make the pouch.
2. Stamp Heart Strings image near center of envelope several times as shown.
3. Use Crop-a-Dile to punch a hole near each edge over image. Thread Victoria Lace through holes and tie in a bow on front.
5. Punch Scallop Oval from DSP. Stamp "Love" image on scrap of Whisper White card stock; punch with Wide Oval Punch and adhere to Scallop Oval. Thread large needle with Linen Thread; use needle to punch hole in one edge of Scallop Oval tag and tie to lace bow. Place one Stampin' Dimensional on back of tag to hold it in place.
6. Cut a strip of DSP large enough to wrap around candy bar. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere one end of strip to center back of candy bar; wrap DSP around candy bar and secure other end with Sticky Strip. Punch several small hearts and adhere to DSP with Mini Glue Dots.
7. Stuff paper shreds and candy into pouch and you have a nice little gift for a special friend.