Saturday, January 29, 2011
Valentine's Day Card
YAY!!! My new laptop is finally up and running! Well, I haven't resolved my e-mail issues yet, but that will happen soon. And in the meantime, I have my blog to update! I plan to add lots of projects this weekend . . . starting with the fun Valentine's Day Card we made at January Stamp Camp West and my January Workshops.
The background piece for this card was done with the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and the new Heart Pressed Letterpress Plate. I tried it on Whisper White cardstock first, but it didn't make an impression and, since the instructions suggest using Craft Ink, it left a lot of really wet ink on my paper! Blech! But when I tried it with Watercolor Paper, what a difference! Because the paper is so thick and porous, the ink was quickly absorbed into the paper and the Letterpress Plate made a nice textured impression.
* Filled with Love Stamp Set*
* Regal Rose cardstock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2")
* Melon Mambo cardstock (5-1/4" x 4"; 3-1/4" x 1-7/8"; about 2" x 2" for heart embosslit
* Whisper White cardstock (3" x 1-5/8"; about 3" x 2" for 3/4" circle punch and full heart punch)
* Watercolor Paper (5" x 3-3/4")
* Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad
* Regal Rose Classic Stampin' Pad (optional -- See Step 3 below; all stamping is actually done with Melon Mambo)
* Regal Rose Craft Stampin' Spot
* Pretty in Pink 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (about 15")
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (with cutting pads and multi-purpose platform)
* Heart Pressed Letterpress Plate **
* Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslit
* Full Heart Punch
* 3/4" Circle Punch
* Mini Glue Dots
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin' Dimensionals
* This stamp set was featured in the 2010 Holiday Mini Catalog and as part of the Filled With Love Stampin' Up! promotion that ended January 24, 2011.
** Available in the 2011 Occasions Mini Catalog (January 25 through April 30, 2011)
NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, I used SNAIL Adhesive to adhere all pieces.
1. Score and fold Regal Rose cardstock at 4-1/4" to create card.
2. Adhere 5-1/4" x 4" Melon Mambo cardstock to front of card.
3. Apply Craft Ink to Letterpress Plate; place ink-side up on Tab 1 of Multi-purpose Pad; place Watercolor Paper on top of Letterpress Plate; place Cutting Pad on top of paper; roll through Big Shot. Wrap ribbon around Watercolor Paper from back to front and tie in a knot as shown. Adhere Watercolor Paper to front of card over Melon Mambo cardstock. (Optional: Distress edges of Watercolor Paper before adding ribbon by scraping edges across Regal Rose Classic Stampin' Pad.)
4. Adhere 3-1/4" x 1-7/8" Melon Mambo cardstock to front of card as shown.
5. Use Melon Mambo Classic Ink to stamp LOVE on 3" x 1-5/8" Whisper White cardstock. (Optional: Distress edges by scraping edges across Melon Mambo pad.) Adhere to Melon Mambo cardstock.
6. Stamp circle of hearts image on scrap Whisper White cardstock; punch with 3/4" Circle Punch. Adhere to inside of "O" on "LOVE" image with a Stampin' Dimensional.
7. Use Heart of Hearts Embosslit and Big Shot to cut a heart from Melon Mambo cardstock. Adhere "bumpy" side to front of card over ribbon with Mini Glue Dots.
8. Stamp large heart image on scrap of Whisper White cardstock; punch with Full Heart Punch. Adhere to Melon Mambo heart.
Optional: Stamp a greeting on a piece Whisper White cardstock and adhere to inside of card. I usually cut this piece 5-1/4" x 4".
That's it! It's easy to make fun cards like this when you're a gadget junkie like I am!!!!