Saturday, January 1, 2011
Holiday Thank You Card
Happy New Year!!!!!
I needed several simple thank you cards, so I came up with this quick and easy idea. I think it's kind of festive and wintery, but not necessarily Christmasy.
* Season of Joy (wood only 110384, $26.95; set of 8)
* Fabulous Phrases (wood-117002, $37.95; clear-120501, $26.95; set of 30)
* Whisper White textured card stock (6" x 6")
* Basic Gray card stock (2-3/4" x 5-3/4")
* Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
* Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad
Stampin' Up! Accessories:
* Embossing Powder: White and Iridescent Ice mixed together
* Heat Tool
* Stampin' Sponge
* Smooch Spritz (I used Frost White that I had left over from a previous mini catalog, but Silver Foil or Vanilla Shimmer would also give a nice effect)
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stickles - Cherry Ice (See Step 6 below for other alternatives if you want to stick with Stampin' Up! accessories.)
1. Score 6" x 6" cardstock at 3" and fold away from scoreline to create 6" x 3" card.
2. Stamp images on Basic Gray card stock with craft ink; emboss with heat tool and embossing powder mixture.
3. Sponge Basic Gray ink randomly on front of Basic Gray card stock; also apply to edges of Basic Gray card stock and to edges of card front.
4. Spray Basic Gray card stock with Smooch Spritz and set aside to dry.
5. When dry, adhere Basic Gray card stock to front of card.
6. Apply Stickles to small flowers and center of large flower and side aside to dry. Alternatively, color in the small flowers and center of large flower with a Two-Way Glue Pen and sprinkle with glitter; when dry, remove excess glitter. Or another alternative would be to mix some glitter with some Crystal Effects, and apply mixture to small flower petals and center of large flower with a toothpick.
It's really cold and snowy here, so I just added a kind of rosy glow to what I saw outside my window when I made these yesterday. Hope you enjoy!!!!