Sunday, December 12, 2010
Tea Bag Greeting Card
I LOVE this little teapot greeting card . . . the one pictured is a get well card and holds a tea bag in the pocket, but you could put whatever greeting you like on the inside and use the pocket for a packet of hot cocoa or apple cider mix, or a thin chocolate square, or maybe a gift card from a favorite coffee shop.
* Morning Cup (wood - 116988, $21.95; clear - 120489, $16.95; set of 11)
* Teeny Tiny Wishes (wood only - 115370; $36.95; set of 24)
* Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad
* Stampin' Write Markers: Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Sahara Sand
* Old Olive Textured card stock (12" x 5-1/2")
* Whisper White card stock (5-1/4" x 4" - cut 3; about 3" x 3" for scallop punch; about 1" x 8-1/2" for scallop strip on inside pocket)
* Jolly Holiday Designer Series Paper ("DSP") (5" x 3-3/4" - cut 2)
* Cherry Cobbler card stock (about 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" for scallop square shape)
* Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine
* Scallop Squares Duo Bigz Die (2010 Holiday Mini Catalog)
* 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch
* Scallop Edge Border Punch
* 5/8" Satin Ribbon - Old Olive (about 5")
* Jewels Basic Pearls
* Mini Glue Dot
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin' Dimensionals
* Sticky Strip
1. Score textured card stock at 4-1/4" and 8-1/2", leaving 3-1/2" at right end. Cut diagonally from the top of the 8-1/2" scoreline down to the bottom corner of the 3-1/2" flap to create the inside pocket flap.
2. Use Border Punch to trim one long side of 8-1/2" x 1" strip; use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere strip to inside of diagonal flap so scallops show over the edge; trim scallop strip along top and bottom edges of card and along score line. Apply Sticky Strip along bottom edge of flap, but do not yet remove backing.
3. On inside of card, adhere Whisper White 5-1/4" x 4" cardstock to both panels; apply DSP over Whisper White on left panel only.
4. Remove backing from Sticky Strip on diagonal flap and fold over DSP to create pocket.
5. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere 5-1/4" x 4" Whisper White card stock to front of card; apply DSP over Whisper White card stock. Use Big Shot and Bigz Die to cut 3" x 3" scallop square from Cherry Cobbler card stock; adhere to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
6. Stamp greeting on inside of card; stamp cup and "steam" images in lower right-hand corner on inside of card; stamp teapot on scrap of Whisper White card stock and punch out with 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch. Color teapot and cup with Stampin' Write markers. Adhere teapot to Cherry Cobbler scallop square with SNAIL Adhesive. Apply medium-sized self-adhesive pearl to top of lid.
7. Tie ribbon in a knot; apply to front of card with a Mini Glue Dot.
8. Place teabag (or other small gift item) in pocket.
Another quick and easy gift for a special friend.