Monday, November 22, 2010
Easel Calendar Card
I know many of you have been anxiously awaiting the instructions for this card. So . . . here we go! (The materials listed are for the card pictured above -- the one we made at Stamp Camp West on Saturday, 11/20/10; of course, you can use any Designer Series Paper, punches, and stamps to make yours.)
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes (Happy New Year)
Ink: Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad
Paper: Soft Suede card stock (8-1/2" x 4-1/4"; 2-7/8" x 2-1/4"; scrap for punch); Crumb Cake card stock (4" x 1-7/8" - cut 2; 3-3/4" x 1"); Baja Breeze card stock (2-5/8" x 2"; scraps for punches); Very Vanilla card stock (4" x 4"; scraps for punches); Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper ("DSP") (3-3/4" x 1-5/8"; 3-1/2" x 3/4")
Stampin' Up! Accessories: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine; Elegant Lines Embossing Folder; Modern Label Punch; Word Window Punch; 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch; Scallop Oval Punch; Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (5"); SNAIL Adhesive; Stampin' Dimensionals
Other Supplies: 2-3/8" x 1-11/16" Mini Calendar Pad*
Instructions: (Note: Unless otherwise indicated, SNAIL Adhesive was used throughout this project.)
1. Score 8-1/2" x 4-1/4" cardstock at 2-1/8" and 4-1/4"; fold away from 4-1/4" scoreline to create card; fold toward inside at 2-1/8" scoreline (this is the front of the card).
2. Adhere 4" x 4" Very Vanilla card stock to inside of card; adhere 3-1/2" x 3/4" DSP to 3-3/4" x 1" Crumb Cake card stock. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this piece about 1/8" from bottom edge of Very Vanilla card stock. Punch Scallop Oval from Baja Breeze card stock; adhere to center of DSP. Punch 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval from Very Vanilla card stock; adhere to Scallop Oval. (Note: I used my printer to print "2011" on the card stock and then punched it out. I think the font I used was Papyrus, 26 point, but I didn't save the file, so I'm not positive of the font size.) Optional step for inside -- stamp seasonal greeting with Basic Gray ink.
3. Adhere 3-3/4" x 1-5/8" DSP to 4" x 1-7/8" Crumb Cake card stock; adhere to bottom section of card front.
4. Use Big Shot and embossing folder to emboss design on second piece of 4" x 1-7/8" Crumb Cake card stock. Wrap ribbon from front to back of card stock about 1/2" from top edge; adhere ends of ribbon to back of card stock. Adhere embossed card stock to top section of card front. Stamp "happy new year" on Very Vanilla card stock and punch out with Word Window Punch; punch Modern Label from Baja Breeze card stock; punch 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval from Soft Suede card stock. Layer Very Vanilla over Baja Breeze; layer Baja Breeze over Soft Suede. Adhere over ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
5. Apply adhesive to bottom half of 2-7/8" x 2-1/4" cardstock; adhere to bottom section of card about 1/2" from bottom edge of DSP; adhere 2-5/8" x 2" Baja Breeze card stock over Soft Suede; adhere calendar to Baja Breeze.
That's it! The card is complete. To display as a desk calendar, fold bottom section of card downward and prop up against the "2011" strip at inside bottom edge of card.
Mailing Hint: To keep 4-1/4" square cards from moving around in an A2 envelope, cut a piece of card stock 4-1/4" x 1"; apply Sticky Strip to both sides of card stock and adhere to inside of envelope up against one edge. This leaves about 4-1/2" open inside envelope -- the perfect size for your 4-1/4" card! (I've probably not explained this very well, but trust me . . . it works!)
* Calendar Pads purchased from http://www.skybluepink.com. I also have these calendar pads available for sale, as well as 3" x 2-1/4" and 1-3/4" x 1-1/2" calendar pads. I bought a bunch of them from skybluepink, and I'm selling them individually at my cost. (Contact me at email@example.com if you're interested.)
Hope you enjoy this calendar card!