Monday, September 6, 2010
Tea Bag Folded Flower Bag
This fun bag was created using a round tea bag folding technique. Instructions for the fold are shown in this You Tube video:
While you're there, be sure to check out the other videos listed in the right hand column -- the square tea bag folding and the tea bag fold butterfly videos are both very good.
Here's another site that will lead you to lots of online tea bag folding papers. Just read the descriptions below the heading and click on the links.
Some cute Christmas papers are among the free downloads.
Materials for this Project:
* Sweet & Sour Designer Series Paper (about 6" x 9" for flower petals)
* Old Olive card stock (about 2-1/2" x 7-1/2" for stems)
* Pumpkin Pie card stock (about 2" x 2" for tag)
* Naturals Ivory card stock (about 2" x 2" for tag)
* Scrap card stock (about 3" x 3" for flower base)
* 2-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch
* Extra Large Tag Punch
* Large Tag Punch
* Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Sweetest Stems Embosslits Die
* Linen Thread (about 6")
* Old Olive 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (about 6")
* Pumpkin Pie 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (about 6")
* Mini Glue Dots
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Two-Way Glue Pen
* Kraft bag with handle (about 6" x 9" plus handle)
1. Punch 8 scallop circles in designs of your choice; punch one more scallop circle from scrap card stock for the base. Use a straight edge and pen or pencil to draw a cross and then an "X" on the base (scrap) circle so it resembles a pie cut into 8 evenly-spaced pieces. Watch You Tube video to learn how to fold each of the 8 DSP circles and assemble the flower.
2. Cut three Sweetest Stem shapes from Old Olive card stock; set one aside for tag assembly. Draw a vertical line (about 6") down the center of bag to mark placement of leaves and ribbon stem. Use Two-Way Glue Pen to adhere two of the Sweetest Stems shapes on front of bag -- one on each side of line. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere Old Olive ribbon over vertical line, covering bottoms of Sweetest Stems.
3. Tie knot in Pumpkin Pie striped ribbon and use Mini Glue Dots to adhere to front of bag over ribbon stem.
4. Use SNAIL Adhesive or Two-Way Glue Pen to adhere flower assembly to front of bag over ribbon and above Sweetest Stems.
5. Punch Extra Large Tag from Pumpkin Pie card stock; punch Large Tag from Naturals Ivory card stock and adhere over Pumpkin Pie tag with SNAIL Adhesive. Cut part of third Sweetest Stem shape to adhere to front of tag with Two-Way Glue Pen. Use Crop-a-Dile to punch hole near top of tag; tie to handle of bag with Linen Thread.
Fill bag with goodies and show a good friend how much you care!