Tuesday, August 17, 2010
As you may have noticed, the theme was butterflies for my August 14 workshop. This tri-fold design was inspired by a card I saw in the convenience store in the building where I work.
• With All My Heart
(118134-w $17.95; 118623-c $13.95; set of 6)
• Texture Jumbo Wheel
• Daisy Dash Jumbo Wheel
• Crumb Cake card stock: 10-1/4" x 5-1/2"
• Whisper White card stock: 5-1/4" x 2"; 5-1/4" x 2-1/4" (2)
• Tempting Turquoise card stock: about 3-1/2" x 5" for die cut butterflies
• Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (Brights - Daffodil Delight): about 3-1/2" x 5" for die cut butterflies
• Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad
• Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin' Pad
• Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Pad
Stampin’ Up! Accessories
• Big Shot Die Cut Machine
• Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die
• Linen Thread
• Jumbo Wheel Handle
• SNAIL Adhesive
1. Score Crumb Cake card stock vertically at 2-1/2", 4", 6-1/2" and 8". Fold back and forth accordian-style at score lines to create card.
2. Use Daffodil Delight Stampin' Pad and Texture Jumbo Wheel to stamp background design on all three Whisper White strips; use Tempting Turquoise and Daisy Dash Jumbo Wheel to stamp design over Texture design. (Note: Roll design once on scrap paper before rolling on card stock to lighten the image.) Use Pacific Point Stampin' Pad to stamp greetings over other two colors. (Note that one panel is 1/4" narrower than the other two -- I used this panel on the front, but it will also work as the back. You just need to pay attention to the placement when stamping your greetings.) Adhere Whisper White card stock to 2-1/4" and 2-1/2" panels inside card. (Optional: Before adhering to card, use Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Pad to distress edges of Whisper White card stock.)
3. Use Beautiful Butterflies die to cut two butterflies from Tempting Turquoise, and two smaller butterflies from Designer Series Paper. Adhere DSP butterflies to card stock butterflies, wrap linen thread around centers and tie in a knot at the top to create head and antenna for each butterfly. Tie knots near ends of each antenna. Adhere butterflies inside card as shown.
That's it . . . pretty easy, huh?!
I hope you enjoy this card, too!