Wednesday, May 12, 2010
I've been making several of these money holder cards for my co-workers this past week. The design is Jayne Fuller's from the May 1 Stamp Camp North.
Stamp Sets (both from Summer 2010 Mini Catalog):
Go, Graduate (118519-w $19.95, 120054-c $14.95; set of 8)
Happy Grad (inside) (117006-w $8.95; set of 1)
Stampin' Write Markers - Soft Subtles
Basic Gray (9" x 6-5/8")
Basic Black (5" x 3"; 4-1/4" x 3/4")
Shimmery White (4-1/4" x 2-3/4"; 6-3/8" x 3 for inside; scraps for sentiment and caps)
Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon (about 10")
Stampin' Pastels (black)
Large Oval Punch
1. Score 9" x 6-5/8" Basic Gray card stock at 3-1/4" and 6-1/2"; fold away from scorelines. Position the oval punch over the edge of the shortest flap to create the cutout in the money pocket; fold up pocket and adhere with Sticky Strip.
2. Using Black StazOn ink, stamp gowns & feet image near bottom of 4-1/4" x 2-3/4" Shimmery White card stock; stamp several caps across top edge above feet; stamp the same number of caps and the Congratulations, Graduate! sentiment on a scrap piece of Shimmery White card stock; and stamp several more caps on the 6-3/8" x 3" Shimmery White card stock (for inside of card). Also stamp Happy Graduation image on inside of card.
3. Use Blender Pen with black chalk to color in all caps and gowns; use Soft Subtles Stampin' Write Markers to color in legs and shoes. Adhere 6-3/8" x 3" card stock to inside of card above pocket.
4. Using SNAIL Adhesive, adhere 4-1/4" x 2-3/4" Shimmery White card stock near right edge of 5" x 3" Basic Black card stock; adhere 4-1/4" x 3/4" Basic Black over Shimmery White card stock between caps and gowns. Wrap ribbon around Basic Black card stock near left edge and tie a knot in the front. Adhere entire piece to center front of card.
5. Cut out Congratulations, Graduate! and adhere to front of card over black strip; cut out extra caps and adhere over stamped caps with Stampin' Dimensionals (one piece cut in half is the perfect size).
Now put money in the pocket and send your card to YOUR happy grad!!!!
Thanks again to Jayne for a great design!!!!