Thursday, December 14, 2017

Countdown to Christmas Day 13 - Faux Patina Technique

This morning I'm sharing with you a beautiful masculine card that kind of qualifies as Christmas -- at least it's wintry-looking . . . and the technique is wonderful!

Click on photo for closer look.

Right off the bat I'll admit I did not make this card -- it was posted on Pinterest from Splitcoaststampers.com.  The technique used is called Faux Patina.  Click HERE to view the tutorial for this technique.

The materials listed for this card are:

From Stampin' Up! 
* Birthday Banners stamp set
* Soft Suede, Basic Black, and Crumb Cake card stock
* VersaMark Ink
* Gold Embossing Powder

Other 
Deer Dies (unknown source)

It also looks to me like the deer are cut from the Brushed Gold card stock that Stampin' Up! used to sell, so if you still have some in your stash that should work well for this design.

If you try this technique, I'd be interested in hearing how it goes.  I plan to try it soon!

Cathy  ;D


No comments:

Post a Comment