Saturday, December 2, 2017

Christmas Countdown Day 2 (Tealight Jars)

Oh my gosh!  Only Day 2 into my Countdown and I almost forgot to post this morning!  (I'm on Day 1 of my annual craft sale in the home of my friends Ginny and Randy Lee, and got so involved in setting up my display, I didn't realize it was so late . . . .)

In any event, today's project also is not Stampin' Up!, but OH SO CUTE and EASY!!!!

Click on image for closer look.

Materials

  • Glass Jar
  • Foam Paint Brush
  • Modge Podge or other decoupage medium
  • Epsom Salt
  • Clear Glossy Spray Sealant
  • Glitter Spray
  • Holiday Greenery and Holly Berries
  • Jute Twine
  • Hot Glue
  • Tealight (either real or battery powered)


Instructions

1.  Wash and thoroughly dry glass jar.  (I used pint size for my sample.)

2.  Use foam paint brush to spread Modge Podge on outside of jar.

3.  Pour Epsom salt into large bowl.  Hold jar over bowl and sprinkle Epsom salt over Modge Podge.  Allow to dry.

4.  Spray outside of jar with clear glossy sealant (Epsom salt will otherwise flake off over time).  Allow to dry.

5.  Wrap jute twine around top of jar and secure with hot glue.

6.  Secure greenery over twine with hot glue.

7.  Make loopy bow from jute twine and attach over greenery with hot glue.

8.  Adhere holly berries with hot glue as shown.

9.  Spray entire jar (outside only) with glitter.

10.  Add about 1/4 cup Epsom salt to inside of jar.  Place tea light into Epsom salt to even out and steady it.

(NOTE:  Epsom salt is a flame retardant, so perfectly safe to embed your candles into.)

This looks so pretty with the candlelight showing through; a battery powered tealight also works well.

Cathy  ;D




No comments:

Post a Comment