|Click on any photo for a closer look.|
* One Big Meaning
* Tip Top Taupe card stock (5-1/2" x 4-1/4") (retiring May 31, 2017)
* Very Vanilla card stock (5-1/8" x 3-7/8")
* Falling in Love Designer Series Paper ("DSP") (12" x 5-1/4") (retiring May 31, 2017)
* Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Pad (retiring May 31, 2017)
Accessories and Tools
* Bitty Butterfly punch (retiring May 31, 2017)
* Elegant Butterfly punch (retiring May 31, 2017)
* Classic Label punch
* Linen Thread (about 15")
* White Perfect Accents
* Stampin' Sponge (I cut mine into fourths for ease of use)
* Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive, Glue Dots, Tombow Multi Liquid Glue (optional)
(SNAIL Adhesive used to assemble this card unless otherwise indicated.)
1. Score DSP at 4" and 8". On BACK SIDE of DSP, make a small mark at top of 4" score line and at bottom of 8" score line. Also make a mark on right edge of paper at 1-3/4" from bottom. Use a pencil to draw a line from 4" mark at top of paper to 1-3/4" mark on right edge; draw a second line from 8" mark at bottom of paper to 1-3/4" mark on right edge. Use scissors or a paper cutter to cut along both of these lines. (See template below.)
2. The basic card construction is simply to fold the left pointed panel toward you and adhere it to the middle panel; then fold the first two panels together to form a card. (See photos below.) I did a lot of sponging around all the edges of all of my card stock and DSP pieces before assembling the card, but that's an optional step.
3. This piece now is glued to the 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" Tip Top Taupe card stock; the 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" Very Vanilla card stock goes inside the card.
4. The rest of this card is just embellishment. Punch the butterflies from the leftover triangles of DSP and sponge color around the edges before adhering to the card with Tombow Liquid Glue or Glue Dots. (TIP: Before sponging the butterflies, fold them in half backwards. This makes it easy to sponge color on the fold to create the center line. This also makes it easier to sponge color in the area between the wings.)
5. The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock, punched out with the Classic Label punch, and then sponged around the edges. The three-loop bow was attached with a Glue Dot. Finally, the self-adhesive White Perfect Accents were added randomly here and there.
Below is my instruction board. This shows all of the pieces parts and also the steps to assemble the card.
This was a great way to use up DSP! The cards pictured below were made from the other designs in the Falling in Love DSP pack.
Hope you enjoy this card! It's easy-peasy to make and there are so many possibilities for different seasons and occasions!
Until the next time . . . .