I have a friend whose sister is having surgery this week and she asked me to send an encouragement card to her . . . so this is what I came up with.
|Click on image for closer look.|
* Beautiful You ☼
* Tip Top Taupe card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2")
* Whisper White card stock (5-1/4" x 4"; 5" x 3-3/4")
* Sweet Sugarplum card stock (5-1/8" x 3-7/8")
* Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (scraps for umbrella and skirt) ☼
* Sweet Sugarplum Classic Stampin' Pad
* Black Memento Pad
Accessories and Tools
* Watercolor Pencils ☼
* White Perfect Accents
* Blender Pen or Aqua Painter
* Paper Snips
* Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive; Tombow Liquid Glue
☼ These items can be found in the 2017 Occasions Mini Catalog
(Note: SNAIL Adhesive used throughout unless otherwise indicated)
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Tip Top Taupe card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Adhere 5-1/4" x 4" Whisper White card stock to front of card; adhere Sweet Sugarplum card stock over Whisper White card stock.
3. Use Black Memento Ink to stamp image and sentiment on 5" x 3-3/4" Whisper White card stock. Use Blender Pen or Aqua Painter with Sweet Sugarplum ink to paint top part of dress. Use Early Espresso Watercolor Pencil to color hair and then paint over it with Blender Pen or Aqua Painter. Stamp splash of color over sentiment with Sweet Sugarplum ink. Adhere the finished piece to front of card over Sweet Sugarplum card stock.
4. Use Black Memento Ink to stamp a second image of woman on Designer Series Paper (DSP). Use Paper Snips to cut out umbrella and skirt. Use Tombow Liquid Glue to adhere pieces over image stamped on Whisper White card stock.
5. Attach self-adhesive White Perfect Accents as shown.
The end! A simple and thoughtful way to send encouragement to a friend who's under the weather or just needs to know you care.