|Front of card|
|Card opened and set up.|
Stamp Set: Bunch of Blossoms
- Soft Suede card stock (8-1/2” x 5-1/2”)
- Pool Party card stock (3-5/8” x 2-7/8”)
- Crumb Cake card stock (3-3/8” x 2-11/16”)
- Serene Scenery DSP Stack (3 x 2-5/16”)
- Whisper White card stock (5-1/4” x 4”)
- Pool Party card stock (5-1/4” x 1-1/2”)
- Crumb Cake card stock (5-1/4” x 1-1/4”)
- Serene Scenery DSP Stack (5-1/4” x 7/8”)
- (Scraps of Crumb Cake, Pool Party and Early Espresso for swirls and flowers; 4-1/4" x 1" strip of Whisper White for banner)
- Early Espresso Stampin’ Pad (stamping)
- Soft Suede Stampin’ Pad (sponging)
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- Swirly Scribbles Thinlits Dies
- Woodgrain Embossing Folder
- Triple Banner Punch
- Pearl Basic Jewels
- Stampin’ Sponge
Other: Mini Calendar (2-3/8” x 1-11/16”)
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Use embossing folder to add texture just to front of card (the card will fold over the narrower side of the embossing folder to fit through the Big Shot).
3. Score front of card at 2-1/8" (this is halfway between previous score/fold line and edge of paper. Fold back at this second score line to create base for easel card.
4. Use Big Shot and die to cut two swirly shapes from scraps of Early Espresso card stock and two from Crumb Cake card stock. Cut flowers from Pool Party and Crumb Cake card stock (I cut 3 Pool Party and 2 Crumb Cake -- you may want to add more or less).
5. Use Early Espresso ink to stamp sentiment on 4-1/4" x 1" piece of Whisper White card stock; use triple Banner Punch to trim right edge and create banner.
6. Use Stampin' Sponge and Soft Suede ink to add shading around edges of every piece EXCEPT the card base and the Early Espresso swirls (the ink won't show up on those anyway).
7. Adhere Early Espresso swirly shape to upper left corner on front of card; adhere Crumb Cake shape over it.
8. Layer and adhere Pool Party and Crumb Cake card stock and DSP as shown in photo for calendar base on front of card. Before adding calendar, add glue to back of ONLY THE BOTTOM HALF of the Pool Party card stock and glue to BOTTOM HALF of front of card. This will allow the calendar base to stand up when the front is folded in half. Once that piece is in place, add the calendar (this is a cautionary measure only -- I've been known to occasionally glue my pieces on upside-down, and once the calendar been glued down, it's kind of difficult to remove and place it back on right-side up without tearing it up).
8. Add flowers and self-adhesive pearls to front wherever they make you happy.
9. INSIDE: Adhere 5-1/4" x 4" Whisper White card stock to inside of card; then at bottom edge layer the Pool Party, Crumb Cake and DSP. Add banner with sentiment at an angle, and then glue the Early Espresso and Crumb Cake swirly shapes over the left edge of the banner. Add another flower and a pearl, and you're finished!
Hope you enjoy this card throughout the coming year!!!