Friday, February 26, 2016
Going Global Card (February Class Project)
This is one of the cards we made at my February classes. We also made it at the January 30 stamp camp. Very easy and a very fun and cool-looking technique!
This idea came directly from Sharon Cheng, who posted her card on Splitcoaststampers.com. For more information, please see Sharon's blog at http://www.sharoncheng.com/2015/12/going-global-occasions-catalog-sneak.html.
* Going Global (Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Sahara Sand card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2")
* Basic Black card stock (5" x 3-3/4"; about 2" square for circle)
* Very Vanilla card stock (about 2" square for circle; 3/4" x 2" for sentiment)
* Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper (5-1/4" x 4" - diagonal pattern; 4-7/8" x 3-5/8" - grid pattern; 3" x 3/4" - words)
* Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad
* Memento Ink
* Lost Lagoon and Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Markers
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* World Traveler Embossing Folder (Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Circles Collection Thinlits Dies
* 2" Circle Punch
* Bone Folder
* Iced Rhinestones (Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/4" paper at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Adhere diagonal striped Specialty DPS to front of card; adhere Basic Black card stock over DSP.
3. Use Brayer and Lost Lagoon Ink to apply ink to the inside of the embossing folder. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ink should be applied to the side of the embossing folder with the words printed on the outside; i.e., the side where the land is sunken. It also helps to cut a little mask to cover the land portion of the embossing folder at the top so you don't get excess ink in those areas -- I used a large sticky note to create the mask. Remove the mask before the next step.
4. Place grid patterned Specialty DSP on the opposite side of the embossing folder, with the grid side of the paper facing up. Close the embossing folder and crank it through the Big Shot. When you open the embossing folder, you will see that the ink has transferred to the paper, so it's colored and embossed in one step. (Cool, huh?!)
5. Adhere the grid patterned Specialty DSP over the Basic Black card stock.
6. Cut a chevron shape out of one end of the word patterned Specialty DSP. Stamp sentiment in the center of the Very Vanilla 3/4" x 2" strip; rip sides off of Very Vanilla and adhere to Specialty DSP as shown. NOTE: I used a bone folder to curl this piece slightly before adhering to front of card.
7. Punch 2" circle from Basic Black card stock. Stamp compass image on Very Vanilla card stock; use same size Circle Die to cut out image. Color image with Stampin' Write Markers, and adhere to Basic Black circle. Adhere to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Add Ice Rhinestone to center of compass.
That's it! An easy card with lots of dimension and personality!