Friday, February 26, 2016
Honeycomb Happiness Card (February Class Project)
This sweet card has such a happy, spring feeling to it! This uses a couple of items from the Sale-a-Bration brochure (receive one item free for each $50 order placed between now and the end of March).
This idea came from Barb Stencel. You can see Barb's original design at http://beelinestamping.com/new-year-new-catalog-and-a-blog-hop/.
* Honeycomb Happiness (2016 Sale-a-Bration brochure)
* Blackberry Bliss card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2)
* Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper (5-1/4" x 4") (2016 Sale-a-Bration Brochure)
* Whisper White card stock (5" x 2"; about 2" x 2" for chickie image)
* Hello Honey card stock (3" x 2")
* Black StazOn Ink
* Hello Honey Refill Ink
* Pumpkin Pin Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories and Tools:
* Ornate Tag Topper Punch
* Banner Triple Punch
* Aqua Painter filled with water
* Honeycomb Embellishment (2016 Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Mint Macaron 1" Dotted Lace Trim
* Adhesives: SNAIL; Stampin' Dimensionals; Tear and Tape
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Adhere 5-1/4" x 4" DSP to card front.
3. Punch top end of Whisper White card stock with tag topper punch; punch bottom with banner punch. Stamp sentiment as shown; stamp chickie image above sentiment; color feet with Pumpkin Pie Marker. Stamp balloon image as shown; color bow with another color marker of your choosing.
4. Punch one end of Hello Honey card stick with banner punch and adhere to back of Whisper White tag. Set aside.
5. On separate piece of Whisper White card stock, stamp a second image of the chickie. Use Aqua Painter and Hello Honey ink to color in chickie; use Pumpkin Pie marker to color beak. Cut around the body of the chickie (cut off feet), and adhere over stamped image on tag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
6. On back of tag, adhere one long piece of Tear and Tape along right edge. Adhere flat side of ribbon to tape, scrunching up and ruffling as you go. Trim off excess ribbon.
7. Adhere tag to front of card as shown using Stampin' Dimensionals.
8. Adhere Honeycomb Embellishment over balloon image.
Oh, Hello!!! Your card is finished!