Friday, February 26, 2016
This sweet card has such a happy, spring feeling to it! This uses a couple of items from the Sale-a-Bration brochure (receive one item free for each $50 order placed between now and the end of March).
This idea came from Barb Stencel. You can see Barb's original design at http://beelinestamping.com/new-year-new-catalog-and-a-blog-hop/.
* Honeycomb Happiness (2016 Sale-a-Bration brochure)
* Blackberry Bliss card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2)
* Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper (5-1/4" x 4") (2016 Sale-a-Bration Brochure)
* Whisper White card stock (5" x 2"; about 2" x 2" for chickie image)
* Hello Honey card stock (3" x 2")
* Black StazOn Ink
* Hello Honey Refill Ink
* Pumpkin Pin Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories and Tools:
* Ornate Tag Topper Punch
* Banner Triple Punch
* Aqua Painter filled with water
* Honeycomb Embellishment (2016 Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Mint Macaron 1" Dotted Lace Trim
* Adhesives: SNAIL; Stampin' Dimensionals; Tear and Tape
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Adhere 5-1/4" x 4" DSP to card front.
3. Punch top end of Whisper White card stock with tag topper punch; punch bottom with banner punch. Stamp sentiment as shown; stamp chickie image above sentiment; color feet with Pumpkin Pie Marker. Stamp balloon image as shown; color bow with another color marker of your choosing.
4. Punch one end of Hello Honey card stick with banner punch and adhere to back of Whisper White tag. Set aside.
5. On separate piece of Whisper White card stock, stamp a second image of the chickie. Use Aqua Painter and Hello Honey ink to color in chickie; use Pumpkin Pie marker to color beak. Cut around the body of the chickie (cut off feet), and adhere over stamped image on tag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
6. On back of tag, adhere one long piece of Tear and Tape along right edge. Adhere flat side of ribbon to tape, scrunching up and ruffling as you go. Trim off excess ribbon.
7. Adhere tag to front of card as shown using Stampin' Dimensionals.
8. Adhere Honeycomb Embellishment over balloon image.
Oh, Hello!!! Your card is finished!
This is one of the cards we made at my February classes. We also made it at the January 30 stamp camp. Very easy and a very fun and cool-looking technique!
This idea came directly from Sharon Cheng, who posted her card on Splitcoaststampers.com. For more information, please see Sharon's blog at http://www.sharoncheng.com/2015/12/going-global-occasions-catalog-sneak.html.
* Going Global (Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Sahara Sand card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2")
* Basic Black card stock (5" x 3-3/4"; about 2" square for circle)
* Very Vanilla card stock (about 2" square for circle; 3/4" x 2" for sentiment)
* Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper (5-1/4" x 4" - diagonal pattern; 4-7/8" x 3-5/8" - grid pattern; 3" x 3/4" - words)
* Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad
* Memento Ink
* Lost Lagoon and Sahara Sand Stampin' Write Markers
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* World Traveler Embossing Folder (Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Circles Collection Thinlits Dies
* 2" Circle Punch
* Bone Folder
* Iced Rhinestones (Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/4" paper at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Adhere diagonal striped Specialty DPS to front of card; adhere Basic Black card stock over DSP.
3. Use Brayer and Lost Lagoon Ink to apply ink to the inside of the embossing folder. IMPORTANT NOTE: Ink should be applied to the side of the embossing folder with the words printed on the outside; i.e., the side where the land is sunken. It also helps to cut a little mask to cover the land portion of the embossing folder at the top so you don't get excess ink in those areas -- I used a large sticky note to create the mask. Remove the mask before the next step.
4. Place grid patterned Specialty DSP on the opposite side of the embossing folder, with the grid side of the paper facing up. Close the embossing folder and crank it through the Big Shot. When you open the embossing folder, you will see that the ink has transferred to the paper, so it's colored and embossed in one step. (Cool, huh?!)
5. Adhere the grid patterned Specialty DSP over the Basic Black card stock.
6. Cut a chevron shape out of one end of the word patterned Specialty DSP. Stamp sentiment in the center of the Very Vanilla 3/4" x 2" strip; rip sides off of Very Vanilla and adhere to Specialty DSP as shown. NOTE: I used a bone folder to curl this piece slightly before adhering to front of card.
7. Punch 2" circle from Basic Black card stock. Stamp compass image on Very Vanilla card stock; use same size Circle Die to cut out image. Color image with Stampin' Write Markers, and adhere to Basic Black circle. Adhere to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Add Ice Rhinestone to center of compass.
That's it! An easy card with lots of dimension and personality!
Thursday, February 18, 2016
Hi, folks! These are the cards we made in my February classes. Watch for details and instructions to be posted soon. Click on images for closer look.