NOTE: Rather than explaining in detail how to assemble the poinsettia, I've listed the items you'll need, and then referred you to a You Tube video (see link below) to see how to assemble it. (One picture -- or video -- says a thousand words!)
|Click on image for closer look.|
* Reason for the Season**
* Happy Scenes (noel)**
* Crumb Cake card stock (4-1/4" x 2"; about 3" x 3/4")
* Cherry Cobbler card stock (about 1/2 sheet)
* Always Artichoke card stock (about 4" x 2")
* Delightful Dijon card stock (about 2" x 3/4")
* Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad
* Always Artichoke Classic Stampin' Pad
* Black Memento Ink Stamp Pad
Accessories and Tools:
* Festive Flower Builder Punch**
* Scalloped Tag Topper Punch
* Project Life Corner Punch
* Stampin' Sponge
* Baked Brown Sugar Thick Baker's Twine (NOTE: Not available in current catalog, but as of today - 12/14/2015 -- available online; check out the Year-End Sale at http://cathyhansen.stampinup.net - click on SHOP NOW link at top of page)
* Rhinestone Basic Jewels
* Adhesives: Tombow Liquid Glue
* Mustard-colored Sharpie Pen
** 2015 Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog (expires January 4, 2016)
1. Use Scalloped Tag Topper punch to make tag from 4-1/4" x 2" Crumb Cake card stock; use Corner punch to trim bottom corners of tag.
2. Use Memento Ink to stamp "NOEL" on scrap of Crumb Cake card stock; position word near right side of opening, and punch out with Washi Label punch.
3. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Always Artichoke ink around edges of label and label.
4. To assemble Poinsettia, you will need the following pieces:
* From Cherry Cobbler card stock, punch 8 of the large petals
* From Cherry Cobbler card stock, punch 4 of the smaller petals
* From Cherry Cobbler card stock, punch 2 of the two-petal pieces
* From Always Artichoke card stock, punch 3 of the large petals
* From Delightful Dijon card stock, punch 3 of the "x"es
The following link has a very good video tutorial on how to assemble the flower:
Once you've assembled the poinsettia, adhere it to the tag with one Stampin' Dimensional right in the middle of the back. Then tuck the label under the flower and adhere to the tag with a bit of Tombow Liquid Glue.
Oh . . . one last thing: I used the Sharpie Pen to color a small Rhinestone, and then placed it right in the center of the poinsettia. Adds just the right bit of flash to the flower.
The Thick Baker's Twine is to attach your tag to a gift for your favorite person!