|Click on image for closer look.|
* Lovely as a Tree
* Happy Scenes**
* Whisper White Thick card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2")
* Soft Sky card stock (5-1/4" x 4"; 2-3/8" x 7/8")
* Basic Gray card stock (5-1/8" x 3-7/8"; 2-1/4" x 3/4")
* Whisper White card stock (5" x 3-3/4"; about 2-1/4" x 3/4" for punch)
* Memento Ink
* Basic Gray Archival Stampin' Pad
* Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad
* Soft Sky Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Woodlands Embossing Folder**
* Stampin' Sponges
* Washi Label Punch
* Winter Wonderland Embellishments**
* Dazzling Details
* Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive; Glue Dots
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Whisper White Thick card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Use Stampin' Sponge (I cut mine in fourths and use a separate wedge for each color) to apply Basic Gray ink to outer edges of all pieces of card stock.
3. Adhere Soft Sky card stock to front of card; adhere Basic Gray card stock over Soft Sky card stock.
4. Using Memento Ink, stamp image onto Embossing Folder -- be sure to stamp it on the side on which the trees are sunken; not raised. The stamped image will show up on the surface of the embossing folder, but not in the sunken areas, and this is what makes it appear as though the embossed trees are in the foreground, and the stamped trees are behind them. Put your Whisper White card stock in the embossing folder over the stamped image and crank through the Big Shot. You're gonna love how this looks already!!!!
5. Use a wedge of Stampin' Sponge to apply Soft Sky ink between the embossed trees above the ground line on the stamped image; use a separate piece of Stampin' Sponge to apply Smoky Slate ink between embossed trees on lower portion of the card, below the ground line. Use the same wedge with the Smoky Slate ink to rub ink up and down the embossed trees to create shadows and depth on the trees. Adhere Whisper White card stock to front of card over Basic Gray card stock.
6. Adhere small piece of Basic Gray card stock to small piece of Soft Sky. Use Basic Gray ink to stamp sentiment on scrap of Whisper White card stock; punch out image with Washi Label punch. Adhere the label over the Basic Gray card stock. Adhere this piece to front of card in lower right corner. Adhere Winter Wonderland Embellishment to label with a Glue Dot.
7. Apply Dazzling Details (glitter glue) to tops of branches on embossed trees (it doesn't really show up in this photo, but the glitter really adds a touch of winter to this card). Set aside to dry.
** These items are featured in the Holiday Mini Catalog (expires January 4, 2016)
That's it. Way cool card with little effort!