Deb Valder's version is a Christmas card, and uses a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set. Here's the link to Deb's YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tap56EFcPxc
|Click on image for closer look.|
* Vintage Leaves
* Early Espresso card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2")
* Sahara Sand card stock (5-1/4" x 4"; 4-3/4" x 3-1/2")
* Into the Woods Designer Series Paper ("DSP") (5-1/4" x 4")
* Whisper White card stock (5-1/4" x 4" for inside)
* Scraps of Hello Honey, Sahara Sand, and Soft Suede for leaves and sentiment
* Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Ovals Collection Framelits Dies
* Leaflets Thinlits Dies
* Seasonal Frame Thinlits Dies**
* Linen Thread
* Gold Cording Trim**
* Gold Metallic Thread
* Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tombow Liquid Glue or Fine Tip Glue Pen**
** 2015 Holiday Mini Catalog (available through January 4, 2016)
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Early Espresso card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Using Big Shot and third from largest Ovals die cut oval out of center of 5-1/4" x 4" Sahara Sand card stock.
3. Open out Early Espresso card and center the Sahara Sand card stock from which the oval was cut over the front of the card. Line up next smaller size Ovals die inside of opening and cut oval from front of card.
4. Center 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" Sahara Sand card stock over Early Espresso card stock; flip to back side so the cut out Oval is facing up. Center next smaller size Ovals die inside of opening and cut oval from Sahara Sand card stock.
5. Center 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" Sahara Sand card stock over DSP; center next smaller Ovals die in opening of Sahara Sand card stock and cut oval out of DSP.
NOTE: Now that you have all the pieces parts, we're ready to assemble. But first, there actually is one pencil mark that would be helpful. Place the DSP over the Whisper White card stock that you will be using for the inside of the card, and make a few light pencil marks to show the placement of the oval cut out. (This will be helpful when stamping the inside of the card, so you can see what will show through the window.)
6. Line up 4-3/4" x 3-1/2" Sahara Sand card stock on INSIDE of card so the opening lines up inside opening on front of card; adhere with SNAIL Adhesive.
7. Line up DSP on INSIDE of card so the opening is centered in opening of card and edges line up neatly on inside of card (this piece will cover the Sahara Sand card stock you just adhered to inside of card); adhere with SNAIL Adhesive.
8. Line up 5-1/4" x 4" Sahara Sand card stock on front of card and adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals.
9. For the embellishment on the front, use the Big Shot and the Leaflets Thinlits dies to cut one leaf (the smallest of the three) from Sahara Sand card stock, cut one Maple Leaf from Hello Honey card stock, and cut one Oak (?) Leaf from Soft Suede. Use Soft Suede to stamp the appropriate leaf on each cutout. (NOTE: This is a photopolymer stamp set, so you can easily line it up on the pre-cut leaves; however, if you prefer, you can stamp the leaves first, and then cut them out.)
10. Apply one line of Tombow Liquid Glue down the center back of the long, thin leaf and adhere it to the front of the card as shown; one thin line of Tombow about halfway down the back will work for the Maple Leaf (if you get too much glue on the back, you can punch a small circle or something to cover the excess glue on the back so it doesn't stick to the inside of the card); one thin line down the center of the smallest leaf will adhere it over the Maple Leaf.
11. Use Big Shot and Seasonal Frame Thinlits Die to cut "grateful" from Soft Suede card stock. Use tiny dots of Tombow Liquid Glue or Fine Tip Glue Pen to apply glue to back of "g" and "l" -- adhere across Oval opening as shown. (NOTE: The easiest way I've found to cut out this type of die is to put wax paper between the card stock and the die, and then cut it using the new Sizzix Precision Plate in place of the bottom acrylic pad. If you don't have the new precision plate, another way to cut it is to place one or two new dryer sheets between the card stock and the bottom acrylic plate before cutting -- this will pull the shape right out of the die.)
12. Holding Linen Thread, Gold Cording Trim, and Gold Metallic Thread together, make a double-loop bow and adhere it to the front of the card with a glue dot.
13. If desired, stamp leaves on the inside of the card to show through opening on front of card.
I sure hope these instructions made sense to you. Of course, you're always welcome to contact me if you have questions.