Instructions appear below, as well as a link to an online video tutorial showing you how to make this card. Enjoy!
|Open (click on image for closer look)|
* Peaceful Wreath - Bow (2015 Holiday Mini Catalog)
* Joyful Season - Cardinal, Branch, and Sentiment (2015 Holiday Mini Catalog)
* Very Vanilla Card Stock (3-3/4" x 3-3/4" for inside; about 3" x 2-1/2" for label; about 2-1/2" x 1-3/4" for cardinal; about 1-1/2" x 1-1/4" for bow)
* Mossy Meadow Card Stock (about 3-1/2" x 3-1/4" for label; 11" x 3/4" for belly band)
* Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper ("DSP") (12" x 5-1/2"; 12" x 1/2" for belly band)
* Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
* Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad
* Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad
* Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Pad
* Real Red Stampin' Write Marker
* Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Deco Labels Collection Framelits Dies
* Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies
* Stampin' Sponges
* SNAIL Adhesive and Stampin' Dimensionals
1. Score DSP at 2", 4", 8", and 10". Use a pencil to mark 2-3/4" on each short edge. Use a pencil to draw a diagonal line from 2-3/4" mark to top of 4" score line, and from top of 8" score line to 2-3/4" mark on opposite side. Use paper cutter or scissors to cut along line. DO NOT DISCARD TRIANGULE CUT FROM DSP.
2. Fold DSP toward front on 4" and 8" lines; fold back the opposite direction on 2" and 10" lines. Unfold and adhere triangles cut from DSP at bottom of flaps, with point at outside bottom edge and flat edge against 4" and 8" score lines. Refold flaps.
3. Use Stampin' Sponges to apply Tip Top Taupe Ink along all outside edges of card, and to edges of 3-3/4" x 3-3/4" Very Vanilla card stock.
4. Stamp "MAY YOUR SEASON BE" with Memento ink on 3-3/4" x 3-3/4" card stock; stamp "Joyful" with Real Red ink as shown. Adhere card stock to inside of card.
5. Stamp two bows on center section of inside of card as shown; color with Real Red marker. Stamp third bow on scrap of Very Vanilla card stock; color with Real Red Marker, and then cut out with Wonderful Wreath Framelits die. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere to inside of card between other two bows.
6. Cut second to smallest Deco Label Die from Very Vanilla card stock; use next larger size to cut label from Mossy Meadow card stock.
7. Use Memento ink to stamp branch near bottom of Very Vanilla label; stamp cardinal standing on branch. Stamp a second cardinal from scrap Very Vanilla card stock. Use Real Red to stamp body of cardinal on second stamped image; use Crushed Curry to stamp beak. Use stamp or Real Red marker to color in berries on branch; use Chocolate Chip marker to color in branch.
8. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Tip Top Taupe ink around edges of both labels and to lightly daub a little Tip Top Taupe ink on front of label. Adhere Very Vanilla label to Mossy Meadow label. Cut out second stamped image of cardinal (just the body; not the feet), and use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere over stamped image on label.
9. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Tip Top Taupe ink along long edges of DSP and card stock strips. Adhere DSP over Mossy Meadow card stock. Wrap around closed card and overlap about 3/4" in center front of card. Adhere label to front of belly band to hide the seam.
View a YouTube video tutorial by Dawn Olchefske at