|Click on image for closer look|
This is a technique that I had promised some of my people I would do in a class before I knew that the Stampin' Up! alcohol markers would be pulled from stock. Since so many people were looking forward to learning the technique and I didn't want to disappoint them, I went ahead with the class even though the Blendabilities are no longer available from Stampin' Up! (There are comparable products readily available at any craft or scrapbooking store.)
Before you begin this project, please follow this link to view a video showing what materials you need and instructions for how to make the Microfine Glitter and Alcohol Ink piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Fp7GgH0L4.
* Typeset Designer Series Paper (about 6" x 8")
* Basic Black card stock (5-1/8" x 3-1/2"; 3-3/4" x 2"; 3-1/8" x 2"; about 1-1/2" x 4" for dies)
* Very Vanilla card stock (4-7/8" x 3-3/8"; 3-3/4" x 1-7/8"; 1-3/4" x 1-3/4")
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies (2015 Occasions Catalog - available thru June 2, 2015)
* Scallop Tag Topper Punch
* Project Life Corner punch
* Transfer Adhesive Sheets
* Daffodil Delight 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon (about 4-5")
* Adhesives: SNAIL, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals
1. Cut and assemble Mini Treat Bag from Typeset DSP. Use Sticky Strip or Liquid Glue to adhere 3-3/4" x 2" Basic Black card stock to front of bag as shown. Use dots die to cut a row of small circles across one long edge of 3-3/4" x 1-7/8" Very Vanilla card stock; adhere over Basic Black card stock. Cut "for you" from Basic Black card stock and use Liquid Glue to adhere in upper left-hand corner of Very Vanilla card stock.
2. Use Scallop Tag Topper punch to trim one short edge of 3-1/8" x 2" Basic Black card stock; use Corner punch to trim corners at opposite end. Thread ribbon through hole at top of tag and tie in a knot. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the tag to the front of the bag.
3. NOTE: This is the step that is not so much Stampin' Up!-ish. For the glitter piece, use a sticker that is about 1-5/8" x 1-5/8". After making this piece using the silk microfine glitter and alcohol marker technique (see link above), cut around the edges of the design and adhere design to the 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" Very Vanilla card stock, which you will then adhere to the Basic Black tag. (SNAIL adhesive works fine for this.)
4. Use dots die to cut a row of small circles across one short edge of the 4-7/8" x 3-3/8" Very Vanilla card stock. Use SNAIL Adhesive and/or Liquid Glue to adhere to 5-1/8" x 3-1/2" Basic Black card stock.
5. Cut "enjoy" from Basic Black card stock and adhere to Very Vanilla card stock above small circles as shown.
That's it! You're finished and ready to give someone a sweet note card along with a gift card or a Ghirardelli chocolate square or other small gift!
Hope you enjoy this project!