|Click on image for closer look.|
* Gifts of Kindness
* Note Cards and Envelopes (folded size 5" x 3-1/2")
* Any color card stock (4-3/4" x 3-1/4", plus about 4" x 2" for punches and dies); the colors used in the cards shown are Crisp Cantaloupe, Lost Lagoon, and Wild Wasabi
* Vellum card stock (about 2" x 2-1/2")
* Whisper White card stock (about 1-2" x 2")
* Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper (DSP) (4-5/8" x 3-3/8") (2015 Sale-a-Bration Brochure)
* Any colors to match and/or contrast card stock. For the samples shown, I used the following color combinations:
- Crisp Cantaloupe card stock: Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight, and Tempting Turquoise Ink
- Lost Lagoon card stock: Calypso Coral, Hello Honey, and Lost Lagoon Ink
- Wild Wasabi card stock: Crushed Curry, Marina Mist, and Strawberry Slush Ink; Garden Green to stamp sentiment
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Butterflies Thinlits Dies (2015 Occasions Mini Catalog)
* Lovely Lace Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
* Scallop Oval Punch
* Large Oval Punch
* 5/8" Organza Ribbon
* Linen Thread
* Stampin' Sponges
* Adhesives: Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue; Glue Dot; Stampin' Dimensionals; SNAIL Adhesive
* Facial Tissue or scrap of soft cloth
1. Fold pre-scored card at score line.
2. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere 4-3/4" x 3-1/4" card stock to front of card.
3. Cut Stampin' Sponge in fourths. Use one wedge to sponge the lightest (yellow) color ink randomly over the DSP; use a second wedge to sponge the blue color randomly over the DSP; use a third wedge to fill in and highlight here and there with the pink color. Use tissue or soft cloth to remove excess ink from DSP -- MAGIC! The embossed design reappears with a delightful multi-color background!!!
4. Cut a length of ribbon about 7" long; tie a knot about 1-1/2" from one end -- IMPORTANT: before you tighten the knot, slip a second piece of ribbon (about 1-1/2" - 2") inside the loop, then tighten knot. You have now created a "faux knot." Apply a glue dot behind knot and position it on the front of the DSP as shown. Use SNAIL Adhesive to fasten the loose ends of the ribbon to the back of the DSP. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere DSP to front of card.
5. Use Big Shot and Thinlits Die to cut two butterflies -- one from coordinating card stock; a second from vellum card stock. Use Big Shot and Embossing Folder to add texture to vellum butterfly. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply color around edges of both butterflies (I used the same color as the card stock). Place a few tiny dots of Tombow liquid adhesive down the center of the card stock butterfly to adhere the vellum butterfly over it. Cut tiny bottom "v" shape from center of butterflies (this helps the linen thread to stay in place). Leaving about a 1" - 1-1/2" tail at top, wrap linen thread around butterflies three times and tie in a knot at the top to create antennae. Use one Stampin' Dimensional in the center of the butterfly to adhere it to card as shown.
6. Punch Scallop Oval from scrap of card stock. Use same color ink as card stock to stamp sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White card stock (for Wild Wasabi card, I used Garden Green because it showed up a little better); cut out sentiment with Large Oval Punch and adhere to center of Scallop Oval with SNAIL Adhesive. Adhere to front of card over ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals. (HINT: Use strips of the excess Dimensionals around edges -- one across the top and one across the bottom. This makes great use of the scraps surrounding the hexagons, and ensures that the shape is sticking to both the ribbon AND THE CARD STOCK. If you adhere the shape to just the ribbon, it will not be stable and would be floppy on the front of the card.)
That's it! How easy and fun was that?! These note cards and envelopes come in sets of 20, so you could make a bunch in a small amount of time!