The idea came from Candee Porter. You can see her original design at on my Pinterest page on the Tags board (http://www.pinterest.com/cathy5612/tags/). To view some of Candee's other designs, visit her blog at http://cardcornerbycandee.blogspot.com/
|Click on image for closer look.|
* To and From (2014 Holiday Catalog)
* Real Red card stock (4-1/4" x 2")
* Shimmery White card stock (4-1/4" x 2")
* Pink Pirouette card stock (about 1-1/2" square)
* Blushing Bride card stock (tiny amount for nose)
* Basic Black card stock (tiny amount for eyes)
* Whisper White card stock (about 3" x 2" for back of tag; see below)
* Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad
* Blushing Bride Classic Stampin' Pad
* Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Fancy Fan Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
* Chalk Talk Thinlits Dies
* Scallop Tag Topper Punch
* Bird Builder Punch
* 1-3/8" Circle Punch
* Corner Rounder Punch
* Cupcake Builder Punch
* 1/4" Handheld Circle Punch
* Stampin' Sponge
* Sponge Dauber
* Frost Sequins (2014 Holiday Catalog)
* Silver 1/8" Ribbon (about 8")
* Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (about 8")
* Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen (White)
* Adhesives: Tombow Liquid Glue; Stampin' Dimensionals; Crystal Effects
(NOTE: Except as indicated, Tombow Liquid Glue was used to assemble this tag.)
1. Trim one short end of 4-1/4" x 2" Real Red card stock with Scallop Tag Topper Punch; trim opposite two corners of Real Red card stock with Corner Rounder Punch.
2. Use Fancy Fan Embossing Folder to emboss Shimmery White card stock. Cut a 3/8" strip from one short end, then cut a 3" length. Use Corner Rounder punch to trim bottom two corners of 3" piece. From remaining piece punch two wings from the Bird Builder Punch.
3. Use Real Red ink to stamp To and From image on 3" x 2" Whisper White card stock. Use Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and Chalk Talk Thinlits Die to cut out image for back of tag.
4. Use 1-3/8" Circle Punch to cut circle from Pink Pirouette card stock.
5. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Crumb Cake ink around edges of all pieces.
6. Adhere "To and From" shape to back of card. (See photo below.)
7. On front of card, adhere 3" Shimmery White card stock to bottom of Real Red card stock.
8. Use Sponge Dauber and Blushing Bride ink to dab pink cheeks on 1-3/8" Circle. Adhere to Shimmery White card stock near top -- just below Real Red.
9. Adhere Bird wings near lower edge of circle for Santa's mustache.
10. Adhere 3/8" x 2" strip of card stock over top of Santa's face with Stampin' Dimensionals.
11. Punch one Blushing Bride nose with 1/4" Circle Punch. Adhere above mustache.
12. Punch two Basic Black eyes with Cupcake Builder Punch. Adhere as shown.
13. Use Crystal Effects to adhere snowflake and sequin to Santa's hat.
14. Cut about 7" or 8" of both the Silver and Red Ribbon. Hold two pieces of ribbon together and thread through hole in top of tag. Tie in a loose knot (this way the knot is easy to untie later when you want to tie the tag to a gift).
15. As a finishing touch, use the Gel Pen to add little dots of white to each of Santa's eyes and his nose. Then dab Crystal Effects on the eyes and nose to make them shiny and set tag aside for about 20 minutes to dry.
|Click on image for closer view.|