|Click on image for closer look.|
* Perfect Blend
* Christmas Bliss
* Real Red card stock (8-1/8" x 5-1/2"; 8-1/2" x 3/4" for belly band; 3-3/8" x 1-3/8" for banner)
* Whisper White card stock (5-1/4" x 3-1/4"; 5-1/4" x 2-1/4"; 5-1/4" x 1-7/8"; about 3" x 2" for cup; 3-1/4" x 1-1/4" for banner)
* Candelight Christmas Designer Series Paper ("DSP") (currently available on Clearance Rack) (about 3" x 2" for cup)
* Silver Glimmer Paper (about 1-1/2" x 1-1/4"; 5-1/2" x 3/4")
* Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (SEE IMPORTANT NOTE BELOW)
* Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder
* Chalk Talk Framelits Dies
* Project Life Corner Rounder Punch
* Scallop Edge Border Punch
* Silver 1/8" Ribbon
* Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons
* Basic Jewels - Rhinestones
* Adhesives: Glue Dots; SNAIL Adhesive; Sticky Strip
* IMPORTANT NOTE: I used the Black StazOn Ink for the Christmas in July class . . . some of the class participants weren't as gentle with the stamp as I was, and as a result, the entire photopolymer stamp -- not just the image portion of the stamp -- is now permanently stained black . . . it does not clean up the same as the red rubber stamps do. The Memento Ink is much easier to remove from the photopolymer stamps -- although they will still be stained, they will not become opaque black.
(NOTE: Unless otherwise indicated, SNAIL adhesive is used to assemble this gift card holder.)
1. Score 8" x 5-1/2" card stock at 2-1/8" and 5-5/8"; fold away from scorelines to create gift holder.
|Inside, Belly Band and Envelope|
Click on image for closer look.
3. Use Big Shot and embossing folder to add striped texture to 5-1/4" x 2-1/4" and 5-1/2" x 1-7/8" Whisper White card stock. Adhere 5-1/4" x 2-1/4" piece to pocket.
4. On outside of gift card holder, fold top flap down and adhere 5-1/4" x 2-1/4" textured Whisper White card stock to front.
5. Use Scallop Edge Border punch to trim one long edge of 5-1/2" x 3/4" Silver Glimmer Paper; adhere under top flap with Sticky Strip.
6. Stamp Warmest Wishes sentiment on Whisper White card stock; cut out with Big Shot and Chalk Talk Framelits Die. Adhere to 3-3/8" x 1-3/8" Real Red card stock. Trim edges with Corner Rounder punch. Adhere to front of gift card holder as shown.
7. To make belly band, score 8-1/2" x 3/4" Real Red card stock at 2-1/2" and 6-1/8". Fold away from scorelines and use Sticky Strip to adhere one flap over the other.
8. Use Stampin' Write Marker to paint just the copy cozy portion of the cup image. Stamp on Glimmer Paper. Then ink up entire image with Memento Ink and stamp one image on Whisper White card stock and one image on DSP. Cut out the entire Whisper White cup. From the DSP image, cut out only the oval in the center of the lid and the portion below the lid; adhere to Whisper White cup. Finally, cut the cup cozy from the Glimmer Paper and adhere it to the front of the cup over the DSP.
9. Cut a length of ribbon about 5" long. Loop both ends across the center of the ribbon to create a bow shape and secure with Glue Dots. Attach to cup cozy with a Glue Dot. Attach a self-adhesive Rhinestone to the center indented portion of the smallest sized Vintage Faceted Button; attach over center of bow with a Glue Dot.
10. Use Sticky Strip to adhere cup over belly band, covering seam, and slide over gift card holder.
Optional Envelope: The final step for this gift card holder was to make an envelope from Candelight Christmas DSP. For this I used the Envelope Punch Board. The finished size of the gift card holder is 5-1/2" x 3-1/2", so following the instructions on the punch board, cut the DSP to 7-1/2" x 7-1/2". Then, start your first punch/score at 3". Visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sCUecnkQC8 for a tutorial showing how to use the Envelope Punch Board.
Wouldn't this be a great way to give someone a Starbucks gift card?! Or better yet, a gift card from Caribou Coffee!!! YUM!!!
|Chalk Talk Framelits Dies 129983 $24.95|
|Christmas Bliss Photopolymer Stamp Set|
138897 $15.95 11 stamps
|Envelope Punch Board 133774 $19.95|
|Perfect Blend (3 stamps)|
Wood 130745 $13.95; Clear 131392 $10.95
|Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder|