Friday, March 21, 2014
Happy Easter! Card
This Easter card was inspired by a card I saw in an issue of the Weekly Scrapper, an e-subscription I began receiving several months ago. To see the original design (which was not made with Stampin' Up! materials), visit http://weeklyscrapper.com/you-are-a-blessing/. For more information about the Weekly Scrapper, visit http://weeklyscrapper.com/.
* Backyard Basics
* Delightful Dozen
* Pistachio Pudding card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; large scraps for flower and label)
* Whisper White card stock (small amount for label; optional inside - 5-1/4" x 4")
* Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper (DSP) (4" x 2-7/8")
* Pistachio Pudding Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Backyard Basics Framelits
* Simply Fabulous Simply Sent Card Kit
* Decorative Label punch
* 5/8" Organza Ribbon
* 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon
* uni-ball Signo Gel Pen
* Adhesives: Glue Dot, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals
(Unless otherwise indicated, SNAIL Adhesive was used throughout)
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Adhere die cut card stock from Simply Sent Card Kit to front of card.
3. Adhere Pistachio Pudding patterned DSP to center of die cut.
4. Stamp flower image from Backyard Basics on Pistachio Pudding card stock; cut out with framelits die, and adhere over DSP as shown. Use Gel Pen to add white highlights to the image.
5. Stamp "happy easter" image on Whisper White cardstock, and punch out with Decorative Label punch. Punch one more label from Pistachio Pudding card stock. Cut Pistachio Pudding label in half horizontally and adhere to back of Whisper White label so a sliver of color peeks out at top and bottom. Adhere label to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
6. Tie a bow from Organza Ribbon; before tightening the bow, slip a length of Taffeta Ribbon into the knot behind the loops to give the bow the extra tails as shown. Adhere bow over stem of flower with Glue Dot.
Optional inside: When I have time, I also like to decorate the insides of my cards -- in this case, I simply stamped a couple more flower images on a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock and adhered the card stock to the inside of the card.
And don't forget your envelopes: While you're at it . . . why not also stamp a few flowers on the envelope?!
That's it . . . with the help of the Simply Sent Card Kit, this is a very simple card to make! Hope you enjoy it!