This page is all about having fun with paper!
Find ideas and instructions for cards and other fun projects on my Home page. Click on Upcoming Stampin' Events for class schedules and upcoming events. The Stampin' Up! Current Promotions link has information about current Stampin' Up! special promotions. Or take a virtual tour of my wonderful craft room!
Halloween Circle Flip Card (September Class Project)
I know many of you have been anxiously awaiting the instructions for the Halloween card we made in my September classes using the new Stampin' UP! Thinlits Circle Flip Card Die. Well, they're finally here. I hope you have fun making this great card!
* Basic Black card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; scrap for Label Bracket punch)
* Very Vanilla card stock (5-1/4" x 2-3/8"; 5-1/4" x 2-3/4"; scraps for 2-1/2" Circle punch and Label Bracket punch)
* Summer Starfruit card stock (scraps for 2-1/2" Circle punch and 1-3/4" Circle punch)
* Pumpkin Pie card stock (scrap for 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch)
* Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper ("DSP) (5-1/2" x 2-1/2"; 5-1/2" x 1-3/4"; 5-1/4" x 3/16"; 5-1/2" x 1/2")
* Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad
* Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad
* Summer Starfruit Stampin' Write Marker
Tools and Accessories:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Thinlits Circle Flip Card die
* 2-1/2" Circle punch
* 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch
* 1-3/4" Circle punch
* Label Bracket punch (Holiday Catalog)
* Scallop Edge punch
* Summer Starfruit Stitched Satin Ribbon
1. Cut a sliver off long edge of 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Basic Black card stock (less than 1/16"). This will allow the paper to slide easily into Thinlits die.
2. Follow this link to watch Dawn Griffith's video providing instructions to cut and fold card base: http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2013/08/thinlits-label-card-extended-video.html (Watching the video is much easier than trying to follow my written instructions). Pay particular attention to how Dawn cuts the inside pieces so they line up with the shape. (Note: Dawn's video uses the Label Flip Card die, but the Circle die works exactly the same.) Once you've cut and folded the card base, continue with my instructions below.
3. Starting at the right end of the card and working back to the left side, adhere 5-1/2" x 2-1/2" DSP to outside of back flap (this is the side of the flap that will fold forward and show on the front when the card is closed; the black design on my sample card). Cut a small slit in the fold and thread Summer Starfruit ribbon through from inside to outside; tie in a knot on DSP side.
4. For inside of flap, use Smokey Slate Stampin' Pad to stamp largest image on 5-1/4" x 2-3/8" Very Vanilla card stock. Use Black StazOn ink to stamp skeleton next lower bottom over Smokey Slate image. Adhere to inside of flap, covering ribbon.
5. Cut the 5-1/4" x 2-3/4" Very Vanilla card stock as shown in Dawn's video. Adhere to inside middle panel.
6. Punch a 2-1/2" Circle from Very Vanilla card stock; punch a 1-3/4" Circle from Summer Starfruit card stock. Use Black StazOn ink to stamp raven image on larger circle; stamp just the head and shoulders of the raven image. Line up and adhere the smaller circle over the larger circle so the raven is a complete image; adhere to inside circle.
7. Cut a 1/4" strip from left edge of card. Use Scallop Edge punch to trim edge of 5-1/2" x 1/2" DSP (this is the striped piece on my sample card); close card and line up with a ruler or grid paper. Glue scalloped DSP strip to left edge of card, making sure the closed card, including the scallop, equals 4-1/4". Cut the 5-1/2" x 1-3/4" DSP as shown on Dawn's video; line up and adhere over striped strip on front panel (this is the piece with printing and bats on my sample). Adhere 5-1/2" x 3/16" strip of DSP near left edge covering the seam (this is the Summer Starfruit DSP on my sample).
8. Punch a 2-1/2" Circle from Summer Starfruit card stock and adhere to circle area on front of card. Punch a 2-3/8" Scallop Circle from Pumpkin Pie card stock and adhere over Summer Starfruit. Stamp Trick or Treat image on Very Vanilla card stock; cut out image with the Bracket Label punch; use Summer Starfruit Stampin' Write Marker to color in area outside of outline. Punch a second Label Bracket shape from Basic Black card stock. Turn the Basic Black shape 1/4 to the left; line up and adhere behind the Very Vanilla shape so the points appear between the brackets on the Very Vanilla shape (see photo). Adhere to center of Pumpkin Pie Scallop Circle.
Taking this card step-by-step, it's actually not nearly as difficult to make as it appears at first glance!