This bright and cherry card features a single stamp that will be available only through the end of July. With summer just around the corner, this seemed like the perfect time to make a sunshine card!
* Sunshine (Single Stamp, Assortment 4 - 132671, $5.95, available through July 31, 2013)
* Basic Black card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; 2-1/2" x 2-1/4")
* Whisper White card stock (5-1/8" x 3-7/8"; 2-3/4" x 2-1/2")
* So Saffron card stock (5" x 3-3/4"; 2-5/8" x 2-3/8")
* VersaMark Pad
* Whisper White CRAFT Stampin' Pad
Accessories and Tools:
* Heat Tool
* Clear Embossing Powder
* White Embossing Powder
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (Optional)
* Sweet Buttons Embosslits (Optional)
* White Baker's Twine
* Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive; Stampin' Dimensionals; Crystal Effects
(Unless otherwise noted, SNAIL Adhesive used throughout)
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Basic Black cardstock at 4-1/4"; fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Adhere 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" Whisper White card stock to front of card.
3. Create a template to make the sunburst (see instructions below). Use removable tape to secure template over So Saffron card stock. Use Brayer to apply VersaMark ink to card stock. Remove template, cover with Clear Embossing Powder, tap off excess powder and heat with Heat Tool. This will creat the shiny rays shooting out from the center of the card. Adhere So Saffron card stock to card over Whisper White.
4. Stamp "You Are My Sunshine" image on 2-1/2" x 2-1/4" Basic Black card stock with Whisper White CRAFT Ink. Cover with White Embossing Powder, tap off excess powder and heat with Heat Tool. Adhere Basic Black card stock to 2-5/8" x 2-3/8" So Saffron card stock; adhere So Saffron to 2-3/4" x 2-1/2" Whisper White card stock. Adhere this three-layer piece to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
(HINT: If you have stray bits of White Embossing Powder on your black card stock after embossing, you can dot them out with a black Sharpie pen.)
5. Optional: Cut button from scrap of So Saffron card stock with Big Shot and Sweet Buttons Embosslit. Adhere to front of card over the "O" in "YOU"; cover the button with Crystal Effects to make it shiny. After it dries, add a tiny bow made from Baker's Twine.
(NOTE: If you don't have a Big Shot, you can omit the button entirely, or you can substitute one of the cute new buttons featured in the 2013-2014 Stampin' Up! Catalog.)
1. Cut an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of scrap paper into 4 pieces (each will be 5-1/5" x 4-1/4").
2. Draw an "X" from corner to corner.