Saturday, April 20, 2013
Love and Sympathy (April class project with instructions)
This sympathy card is based on a design by Selene Kimpton. To see Selene's original design, as well as some other cards by Selene visit her blog at http://stampinfunwithselene.blogspot.com.
* Love and Sympathy
* Sahara Sand card stock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; 5-1/4" x 4"
* Primrose Petals card stock: 3-3/4" x 2-3/4"
* Very Vanilla card stock: 3-1/2" x 2-1/2"
* Stampin' Write Markers: Primrose Petals; Saraha Sand; Soft Suede
Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder (Spring Catalog)
* Satin Stitched Ribbon - Primrose Petals
* Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals; Glue Dots; Multipurpose Liquid Glue (optional)
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Emboss 5-1/4" x 4" card stock with Big Shot and Embossing Folder. (TIP: Cut card stock to 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" to emboss; cut to 5-1/4" x 4" after embossing -- the embossing folder sometimes "scrunches" up the card stock to smaller size.)
3. Create a "faux" knot near one end of ribbon; wrap around embossed card stock and adhere on back. (NOTE: To create "faux" knot, cut a small piece of ribbon -- maybe 2" to 2-1/2". Cut larger piece of ribbon long enough to wrap around card plus maybe 1/2" to 1". Start to tie a knot in the larger piece of ribbon, but before tightening up the loop, insert the short piece of ribbon through the loop -- then tighten it up. Presto! A faux knot!)
4. Adhere embossed card stock to front of card. (HINT: SNAIL Adhesive will work for this; however, Multipurpose Liquid Glue provides a stronger bond for embossed card stock.)
5. Use Sahara Sand marker to paint leaves on flower stamp; use Primrose Petals marker to paint flower; stamp image on 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" Very Vanilla card stock. Use Primrose Petals marker to paint LOVE on sentiment stamp; use Soft Suede marker to paint remaining words; stamp over flower stems. Adhere card stock to Primrose Petals card stock. Adhere to front of card over ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
TIP: For the inside you can cut a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock. After you stamp the flower image, you can "huff" on the stamp and without reinking it stamp a lighter version on the inside card stock. I was actually able to use this process to stamp a third image on the envelope!
Hope you like this card.