|Click on image for larger view.|
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Happy Valentine's Day (January Class Project)
Valentine's Day is next month, so time to get started on cards for your favorite folks! This fun card was inspired by Shauna Cundick, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator from Utah. To see this and other designs from Shauna, visit her website at http://stampinshauna.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-12-24T10:29:00-07:00.
My version of Shauna's card features the new Designer Builder Brads from the Spring 2013 Catalog.
* Basic Black card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2")
* Raspberry Ripple card stock (5-1/4" x 1-7/8"; about 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" for heart)
* Whisper White card stock (5-1/8" x 1-3/4")
* Natural Composition Designer Series Paper (1-5/8" x 1-5/8" -- 3 pieces)
* Primrose Petals card stock (about 3-1/2" x 1-3/4" for hearts)
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Pretty Polka Dots Embossing Folder
* Full Heart Punch
* Designer Builder Brad (Spring 2013 Catalog)
* Large Pearl Basic Jewels
* 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon (Raspberry Ripple)
* Glue Dots
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin' Dimensionals
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock at 4-1/4". Emboss front of card with Big Shot and Pretty Polka Dots Embossing Folder. Fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere Whisper White card stock to Raspberry Ripple card stock. Adhere each of the three DSP squares to the Whisper White card stock. (HINT: The easiest way to line up the three squares evenly is to place the two outside squares first, and then position the third square between them.)
3. Punch one Raspberry Ripple and two Primrose Petals hearts; emboss them with Big Shot and Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere Primrose Peals hearts to two outside squares. Attach Brad to center of Raspberry Ripple heart and adhere to center square with Stampin' Dimensionals. Place self-adhesive pearl in center of brad. Adhere the entire piece to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
4. Make a long flat bow with ribbon; attach to front of card with one Glue Dot behind the knot, and SNAIL Adhesive behind the tails.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!!