|Click on image for larger view.|
Happy 2013!!! This calendar card was one of the prjects for my January classes, and features the new Poetry Prints from the 2013 Spring Catalog (available January 3 - May 31, 2013).
The inspiration for this calendar/card came from Splitcoaststampers.com. It was posted by "ukmariann." You can see photos of how she assembled the card on her blog at Scrappy Sticky Inky Mess. (Note: Her measurements are slightly off from mine -- she was making a different size card -- mine is 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" to fit in the standard A2 card envelopes.
* Crumb Cake card stock (10-3/4" x 5-1/2")
* Poetry Prints DSP (5" x 3-3/4")
* Whisper White card stock (3-1/4" x 2-5/8")
* Midnight Muse card stock (3-1/8" x 2-1/2")
* Crumb Cake 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (about 10")
* Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals; Sticky Strip; Multipurpose Liquid Glue
* Calendar Pad (2-7/8" x 2-1/4") -- YES! I still have a few to sell . . . .
1. Score 10-3/4" x 5-1/2" card stock at 1", 5-1/4" and 9-1/2"; turn card stock to back side and score at 10-1/2". Fold away from scorelines to create standup calendar. Adhere Sticky Strip to inside of 1/4" flap at end -- do not remove backing yet.
2. Wrap ribbon around front of DSP near left side; adhere ends of ribbon to back of DSP with SNAIL Adhesive. Adhere DSP to front of calendar.
3. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere Midnight Muse card stock to Whisper White card stock, and to adhere calendar to Midnight Muse card stock. Adhere Whisper White card stock to front of calendar with Stampin' Dimensionals.
4. Slide a small piece of ribbon (maybe 3" - 3-1/2") under ribbon on left side of card; tie into half-knot. Secure ribbon to card with a drop of Multipurpose Liquid Glue behind knot. (I used a paper clip to hold the knot in place until the glue dried.)
5. To make this into the standup calendar, remove the backing from the Sticky Strip on the 1/4" flap and adhere to the opposite 1" flap.
6. Optional: You can make this a greeting card by stamping a greeting on a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock and adhering it to the inside of the calendar. The flaps will fold to the inside of the card. The backing would stay on the Sticky Strip so the recipient can assemble the calendar.
Hope you like this one!