|Click on image for larger view.|
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Chalkboard Technique (January Class Project)
This technique just seemed like a fun one to do for January. I copped the idea from Trish Giesbrecht, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator from Alberta, Canada. You can see the original design by visiting Trish's blog at http://encouragejoy.blogspot.ca/2012/12/you-are-loved-chalkboard.html.
* Secret Garden (Spring 2013 Catalog)
* Just for You (Spring 2013 Catalog -- sold as part of the Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit)
* Basic Gray card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2")
* Rich Razzleberry card stock (5-1/8" x 3-7/8")
* Whisper White card stock (4-1/4" x 2-7/8")
* Patterns Designer Series Paper (Brights -- Rich Razzleberry) (4" x 2-3/4")
* Basic Black card stock (3-1/2" x 2-1/2")
* Whisper White CRAFT Ink
* Delicate Details Lace Tape (Spring 2013 Catalog)
* Designer Buttons (Brights -- Rich Razzleberry)
* Baker's Twine (Whisper White)
* 3/16" Corner Punch
* White Embossing Powder and Heat Tool
* Stampin' Sponge
* Glue Dots
* SNAIL Adhesive
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from score line to create card.
2. Use Corner Punch to trim corners of Whisper White card stock, Rich Razzleberry Designer Series Paper and Basic Black card stock (top and bottom of right side only).
3. Stamp Just for You image on Basic Black card stock; stamp flower from Secret Garden set randomly around words. Emboss with White embossing powder and Heat Tool.
4. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Whisper White CRAFT Ink to edges of card, and to Rich Razzleberry. Adhere Rich Razzleberry card stock to front of card. Remove backing from Lace Tape and apply near left edge of Rich Razzleberry card stock.
5. Sponge Whisper White CRAFT Ink around edges of Basic Black card stock, and here and there on front of Basic Black card stock over stamped and embossed images to make it look like a chalkboard. Adhere Basic Black card stock to Designer Series Paper, and adhere DSP to Whisper White card stock, lining up all the edges to the left. Adhere to front of card next to Lace Tape.
6. Thread Baker's Twine through button and adhere to front of card with a Glue Dot.