|Click on image for larger view|
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Spooky Halloween Card
This really not-so-spooky Halloween card was featured in my September classes. It was inspired by a card I spied online (and of course, now I can't find it to give the creator credit for the inspiration).
* Jack of All Trades
* Wicked Cool
* Cajun Craze card stock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; small amount for ticket punch
* Lucky Limeade card stock: 5-1/4" x 4"; small amount for ticket punch
* Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock: 5" x 3-3/4" **
* So Saffron card stock: about 2-1/2" x 2-1/2"
* Very Vanilla card stock: about 2-1/2" x 2" for hat
* Elegant Eggplant Classic Stampin' Pad
* Jet Black StazOn Pad
Accessories & Tools:
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Spider Web embossing folder
* Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder
* 2-1/2" Circle punch
* Designer Sanding Blocks
* Core'dinations Dust Buddy **
* Dazzling Details - Cherry Cobbler
* Crystal Effects
* Paper Snips
* Stampin' Sponge
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin' Dimensionals
** Featured in 2012 Holiday Catalog
1. Fold 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock away from scoreline to create card.
2. Use Elegant Eggplant ink to stamp witch's hat on Very Vanilla card stock. Apply Dazzling Details to hat band and set aside to dry. When completely dry, apply Crystal Effects over Dazzling Details and again set aside to dry.
3. Use Elegant Eggplant ink to stamp "Spooky" on Lucky Limeade card stock; cut out with Ticket Duo Builder punch. Punch second ticket from Cajun Craze card stock.
4. Cut circle from So Saffron card stock with 2-1/2" Circle punch; emboss with Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.
5. Use Stampin' Sponge to apply Elegant Eggplant ink to edges of 5-1/4" x 4" Lucky Limeade card stock, the two tickets created in Step 3 above, and the 2-1/2" circle created in Step 4 above. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere 5-1/4" x 4" card stock to front of card.
6. Emboss Core'dinations card stock with Spider Web embossing folder; lightly sand top of card stock to reveal the lighter color beneath. Use Core'dinations Dust Buddy to remove sanding residue from card stock. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere card stock to front of card over Lucky Limeade.
7. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere 2-1/2" circle to front of card as shown. Use SNAIL Adhesive to adhere "Spooky" ticket over Cajun Craze ticket, offsetting a little to show bottom layer. Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere ticket to front of card as shown.
8. When completely dry, use Paper Snips to cut out witch's hat. Apply to center of 2-1/2" Circle with Stampin' Dimensionals.