Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Calendar Ideas

It's time to start thinking about making calendars for 2013.  A few ideas from my past classes, swaps, gifts, and craft sales appear below.  Click on the links below for more information on how to make these. Contact me by e-mail to order calendar pads at my cost (25 cents each for all sizes -- see column to the right for sizes).
 

http://cathyscraftroom.blogspot.com/2012/01/leadership-calendar-card.html








Here's another calendar card that I designed for a make and take project in January 2012, but never got around to posting on my blog.  I guess there's no time like the present to do that!  It's a twisted easel card, pictured below closed, opened, and opened from the side.  I made these for all of my co-workers at the beginning of the year -- it makes me happy every time I walk around the office and see all of them set up near their computer monitors.  (It's nice to know they're actually USING them . . . .)




Materials:

Paper:
* Early Espresso card stock (8-1/2" x 4-1/4"; 4-1/4" x 4-1/4"; scraps for die cut and punch)
* Whisper White card stock (3-3/4" x 3-3/4"; scrap for punch)
* Designer Series Paper (4" x 4" -- two coordinating designs; scrap for die cut)

Accessories and Tools:
* Big Shot and Labels Collection Framelits Dies
* Simply Scored Scoring Tool and Diagonal Plate
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin' Dimensionals

This card uses the largest size calendar pad - 3" x 2-1/4".

I thought I had previously posted instructions for a Twisted Easel Card, but I just can't find it anywhere, so maybe I just dreamt I did it.  In any event, I found a pretty good tutorial online, so follow this link to Pam Spark's site, Expressions with Heart, to find instructions.  Another thing you can do is Google "twisted easel card tutorial" and you will see lots of You Tube videos showing how to assemble an easel card.

NOTE:  The die I used for the circle that keeps the calendar standing up is no longer available, but you can use any shape for the "stopper" on the card -- I just attached it to the inside of the card with a Stampin' Dimensional to stop the card front from closing.

Hope this all makes sense.  If not, you're welcome to contact me and I'll do what I can to explain this card a little better.

Cath  ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment