This page is all about having fun with paper!
Find ideas and instructions for cards and other fun projects on my Home page. Click on Upcoming Stampin' Events for class schedules and upcoming events. The Stampin' Up! Current Promotions link has information about current Stampin' Up! special promotions. Or take a virtual tour of my wonderful craft room!
Frenchie's Secret Door Card (June 2012 Class Project)
Front with Belly Band
This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! I copped the idea from Frenchie Martin, who calls it a Secret Door card. View Frenchie's instruction video by clicking HERE. While you're there, check out her other cool ideas!
* En Français (109521-w, $17.95, set of 1)
* Kindness Matters (122900-w $11.95; 122902-c $8.95; set of 5)
* Layered Labels (127070-w $33.95; 127072-c $25.95; set of 4)
* Nature Walk (121925-w $25.95; 121997-c $18.95; set of 7)
* Marina Mist card stock (8-1/2” x 5-1/2”) (119682, 8-1/2” x 11”, 24 sheets, $6.95)
* Whisper White card stock (5-1/2” x 2-1/6” – 2 pieces; scrap for oval punch) (100730, 8-1/2” x 11”, 40 sheets, $8.50)
* Daffodil Delight card stock (11” x 1”) (119683, 8-1/2” x 11”, 24 sheets, $6.95)
There's no way I could ever hope to describe how to make this card in words, so my best suggestion is to click on the link above and view Frenchie Martin's video tutorial. Note, however, that to simplify the measurements, Frenchie used 8" x 5" card stock, which will make a slightly smaller card than the ones we usually make. If you want to make the "regulation" size card, you may use the following measurements:
* 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card stock, scored at 2-1/8", 4-1/4", and 6-3/8"
* 5-1/2" x 2-1/6"
Have a great time with this! It's totally freaky and I haven't got a clue how it works, but it does work!