Monday, August 8, 2011
Elebration Card (revised 08/16/2011)
I LOVE this little elephant! He was the first stamp I bought out of the new 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog!!! And I've used this same card for several recent stampin' events -- first at the Stampastic Stampers Stamp Camp in Westminster on July 23, and then the Sassy Chic Stamp Camp in Longmont on August 6. And finally, I've just completed 80 card fronts with this design for a wonderful card swap sponsored by Cricket Thompson featuring new stamps from the 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog. Can't wait to see what everyone else made . . . .
* Bring on the Cake
* Baja Breeze card stock (8-1/2” x 5-1/2”)
* Whisper White card stock (3-3/4” x 3-3/4”)
* Pool Party card stock (3-1/2” x 3-1/2”)
* Basic Gray card stock (3-1/4” x 3-1/4”)
* Pocketful of Posies DSP (3” x 3”)
* Basic Black stampin’ pad
* Baja Breeze*
* Basic Gray*
* stampin’ pad or refill ink
* Blender Pen
* Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
* Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
* Circles #2 Original Die
* Punches: 2-1/2” Circle, 2-3/8” Scallop Circle, Decorative Label, Scallop Oval
* 5/8” Organza Ribbon (4”)
Tools & Adhesives:
* Paper Snips
* 2-Way Glue Pen
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin’ Dimensionals
Note: Unless otherwise noted, SNAIL Adhesive was used to assemble card.
1. Score Baja Breeze card stock at 4-1/4"; fold at scoreline to create card.
2. Adhere 3-3/4" x 3-3/4" Whisper White card stock to front of card; adhere 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" Pool Party card stock over Whisper White.
3. Adhere 3" x 3" Designer Series Paper ("DSP") to 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" Basic Gray card stock. Punch scallop circle in center through both pieces. Adhere to Pool Party card stock on front of card. (NOTE: Since the DSP is much thinner than card stock, this will work -- I would NOT advise trying to punch through two thicknesses of card stock; the punch may get stuck.)
4. Use Big Shot and Circles #2 Die to cut the next to largest of the four circles from a piece of Whisper White card stock. Center circle in 2-1/2" Circle punch and punch again to create white ring. Use 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere to front of card over DSP, covering edges of scallop curout.
5. Stamp Elebration image on Whisper White card stock with Basic Blank ink. Use Blender Pen and Baja Breeze ink to color balloon, cake, and candle; use Basic Gray to color elephant. (Note: Basic Gray is a very dark, intense color, so you'll want to test it on scratch paper to make sure you get the shade you want.) Cut out elephant and use 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere to front of card over white ring. Cut out balloon and adhere to front of card with Stampin' Dimensional. Use Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to draw line from bottom of balloon to elephant's leg (skip over trunk and arm).
6. Punch Decorative Label from Basic Gray card stock. Stamp "bring on the cake" on Whisper White card stock; color the word "cake" with Blender Pen and Baja Breeze ink. Punch out with Scallop Oval punch, and adhere to Decorative Label shape. Fold ribbon in half and adhere to back of Decorative Label. Adhere Decorative Label to front of card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
7. Inside (not shown): Stamp "happy Birthday" from Bring on the Cake set on a piece of 5-1/4" x 4" Whisper White card stock. Color the word "birthday" with Blender Pen and Baja Breeze ink. Adhere to inside of card.