Sunday, March 27, 2011
March Workshop Blossom Card
This card is deceptively easy to make . . . if you have the right tools, that is. What fun we had making this one!
* Build a Blossom (121923-w $23.95; 121994-c $18.95; set of 12)*
* Pear Pizzazz (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; 2" x 4" for punch)
* Very Vanilla (5-1/4" x 4")
* Regal Rose card stock 11" x 2-1/2" plus 1-1/4" x 6" for punch)
* Springtime Vintage designer series paper (DSP) (4-1/8" x 3-1/8")*
* Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad
* Rose Red Classic Stampin' Pad
* Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cut Machine
* Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder*
* Blossom Petals Punch*
* Vanilla Rosettes*
* Craft Knife
* Daffodil Delight 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon
* Mini Glue Dots
* SNAIL Adhesive
* 2011 Occasions Mini Catalog
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" cardstock at 4-1/4" and fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Use Big Shot and Embossing Folder to emboss Very Vanilla card stock. Adhere DSP to center of card stock on inside of embossed design. On 4" side of Very Vanilla card stock, use Craft Knife to cut slits in card stock at edge of DSP between the points of the second and third tulip from bottom of embossed design. Thread ribbon through slit on each side from front to back and adhere on back. Adhere card stock to front of card.
3. With Rose Red ink, stamp 6 large petals and 6 small petals on Regal Rose card stock; with Old Olive ink, stamp 3 leaves on Pear Pizzazz card stock. Punch out all petals and leaves with Blossoms Petal Punch. Apply SNAIL Adhesive to bottom half of petals and adhere to front of card in the following order: adhere 3 large petals evenly spaced with bottoms overlapping in center; adhere next 3 large petals between first 3 petals, overlapping bottoms at center. Adhere 3 small petals over large petals, overlapping bottoms of petals at center; adhere remaining 3 small petals in spaces between first 3 small petals, overlapping bottoms at center. Use Mini Glue Dots to adhere medium size Rosette in center of flower.
4. Apply SNAIL Adhesive to bottom half of leaves; slip under petals and adhere as shown in sample.
HINT: If you want your petals and leaves to be dimensional, use bone folder to curl edges (similar to curling ribbon with a pair of scissors).
5. Optional: Cut 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock; stamp greeting and adhere to inside of card.
Hope you enjoy this card . . . and I hope I explained it sufficiently!