Thursday, March 24, 2011
Happy St. Pat's . . . just a little late.
This is the card we made at my table at Stamp Camp West in late February. This is a great St. Pat's Day card, but it could easily be adapted for any occasion by changing the colors and the stamp.
* Lucky Shamrock (2011 Occasions Mini) 121939 (w), set of 1, $6.95
* Garden Green card stock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; 2-3/4" x 2-1/8"; 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" scrap for punch)
* River Rock card stock (5-1/4" x 4")
* Crumb Cake card stock (5-1/4" x 1-1/8")
* Whisper White card stock (2" x 2" scrap for punch)
* Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (Neutrals: Crumb Cake) (2-1/2" x 1-7/8")
* Garden Green Craft Stampin' Spot
* Garden Green Classic Stampin' Pad and VersaMark Pad
* Sizzix Big Shot
* Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
* Clear Embossing Powder and Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder mixed together
* Heat Tool
* 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch
* 1-3/4" Cicle Punch
* Mat Pack
* Paper Piercing Tool
* Clear Rhinestone Brad
* Whisper White 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon (about 12")
* SNAIL Adhesive
* Stampin' Dimensionals
1. Score 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Garden Green card stock at 4-1/4"; fold away from scoreline to create card.
2. Use Big Shot and Embossing Folder to texture River Rock card stock; adhere Crumb Cake card stock to River Rock card stock about 1/2" from bottom; wrap ribbon around both thicknesses of card stock and tie in knot about 1" from right edge. Adhere to front of card.
3. Adhere Designer Series Paper to 2-3/4" x 2-1/8" Garden Green card stok; adhere to front of card over ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
3. Stamp image on Whisper White card stock with Craft ink*; sprinkle with embossing powder and heat with heat tool; punch out with 1-3/4" Circle Punch.
4. Punch 2-3/8" Scallop Circle from Garden Green card stock; place on foam piece from Mat Pack; center 1-3/4" circle over Scallop Circle; use Paper Piercing Tool to punch through both thicknesses of cardstock; attach brad through both thicknesses. Adhere over Designer Series Paper with Stampin' Dimensionals as shown in sample.
5. Optional: Cut 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock; stamp sentiment and adhere to inside of card.
* If you don't have a Craft Stampin' Spot, you can also use Classic Ink and a VersaMark Pad to stamp an image to be embossed. Ink up your stamp with the VersaMark first, then the Classic Ink, and then stamp your image.
Happy St. Pat's! (Only a week or so late . . . .)